Just bought a total time saver

Joe, wouldn't it have been simpler to have a whole house generator that is hooked up to NG? Don't get me wrong, the propane hookups sound interesting. I would probably like to know about that too.
No natural gas service here. This is my first house without NG. I was / am paranoid about blackouts. The winter before we moved in this neighborhood lost power for 5 days after an ice storm. I bought a 9KWA dual fuel generator from Amazon hooked up to the propane and wired to an interlock in the breaker box. I test run the generator every month. I tested it to make sure it could handle the 3 ton heat pump and it does, as long as the heat pump works.

I thought about induction but #1 they are the most expensive. #2 They will not work with our 35 year old Saladmaster Stainless cookware that are still like new. #3 Don't work in a blackout. I had the house done up with propane outlets for stove, dryer, fireplace, porch grills and generator, and basement and garage standalone heaters. A guy has got to be prepared. At just over a year old our heat pump just went out. If it were winter I would hate to be cold;-)
Will not work for our Cuisinart commercial stainless either. Always loved the Saladmaster commercials when I was a kid. Boston tv stations had a guy named Chris who would demonstrate how the lids would stay on while swinging the pans as he also sliced and diced with the Saladmaster. Our family was not getting rid of their Revere copper bottomed pans even though I asked them to change. Those pans were a pain to clean with the copper cleaner.

I just noticed they sell a higher level sensor the TopTes TP210 and it has the same 5% discount, but also has a 50% off discount as well. Mine came to less than $15 shipped.

I bought one, same deal. It should be delivered tomorrow. My mother has a propane tank outside for her furnace, and it always smells like gas around the pressure gauge and valves, but somehow the guys who fill the tank never seem to notice. So I'm going to try to pinpoint the source of the smell and put a little pressure on their service department to get it fixed.

I got mine today as well. Noticed some scratches on the LCD display. I notice a couple reviews mentioned that it looked as though they received a used unit. That being said, mine seems to work quite well with a quick test on the kitchen propane stove. Simple, easy to use and seems to work as described. I will be using it on all of my rehab grills. I was surprised that it came with Duracell batteries.

I got mine today as well. Noticed some scratches on the LCD display. I notice a couple reviews mentioned that it looked as though they received a used unit. That being said, mine seems to work quite well with a quick test on the kitchen propane stove. Simple, easy to use and seems to work as described. I will be using it on all of my rehab grills. I was surprised that it came with Duracell batteries.
You probably already checked this but is there a film that you can remove? Just judging by the pic it almost looks like John's could have a film over the entire black section.

Ditto for me. I went on Larry's recommendation. An extra level of safety if you have to mess with changing gas connections or replacing valves.

Detector arrived overnight and I'm happy to report no leaks.

Regarding induction, we love it. We bought an induction hot plate while remodeling the kitchen and I still use it for frying on the deck. Far better control than the Weber side burner.
Mine came today and like Mack, no leaks. Great tool for the price. Will check out our son's installation next week. He has a bulk propane tank which always seems to have an odor near it.

Back