Jerk Chicken !

Rick P

TVWBB Pro
This little gal was too small to put on the roti.
Rubbed a little Walkerswood jerk paste under, and over, the skin the night before

I didn't bother with dry brining, because the jerk seasoning contains enough salt. I cooked it until it hit 160° in the breast. It took a little less than an hour with a 3/4 full chimney starter dumped into a SnS. I'm guessing the grate temp was ~ 325°-350°.

Attachments

• 20210519_174217.jpg
    20210519_174217.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 30
This little gal was too small to put on the roti.
Rubbed a little Walkerswood jerk paste under, and over, the skin the night before

I didn't bother with dry brining, because the jerk seasoning contains enough salt. I cooked it until it hit 160° in the breast. It took a little less than an hour with a 3/4 full chimney starter dumped into a SnS. I'm guessing the grate temp was ~ 325°-350°.
WALKERSWOOD. YEAH YEAH. I been using for decades and you're on your way!!!!!!

Wonderful color on that bird Rick, bet it was tasty.

I love a good Jamaican jerk sauce and a place on main street in Huntington Beach called Longboards has the best jerk wings
I have tasted. They say its a store bought sauce and then they add to it, but won't tell you what it is.

I wonder if its from Walkerswood ? Have to go on the hunt for some.

Oh....we're aware of those...
Wonderful color on that bird Rick, bet it was tasty.

I love a good Jamaican jerk sauce and a place on main street in Huntington Beach called Longboards has the best jerk wings
I have tasted. They say its a store bought sauce and then they add to it, but won't tell you what it is.

I wonder if its from Walkerswood ? Have to go on the hunt for some.
Thanks!
You can't go wrong with the Walkerswood. It's the real deal.

Back