Jalapeno Lime Burgers

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Lime is the theme of the day today. I have a fresh batch of homemade margaritas, a chimney full of Stubb's and I'm about to throw on some burgers I've made with finely diced jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of chipotle powder. I'm going to top them with Pepper Jack and a little smokey salsa. Also doing fresh corn on the cob with cilantro lime butter. I'll post pics later.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

TTFN

OK, here we go. These turned out way better than I thought they would. Here are the details: to about 1lb of 85/15 ground beef, I added one medium finely chopped jalapeno, the juice of one lime (about 2-3 TBS), about 2 TBS of chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, and a pinch of cumin and chipotle powder. As I mentioned, I topped the burgers with slices of pepper jack. For the corn, I used cilantro lime butter (I think I got the recipe originally from one of Jamie P's books) - it's a stick of melted butter with about 1TBS of chopped cilantro, the juice of two limes and a pinch of sea salt (I used unsalted butter). I also added about 6 drops of Tabasco. I topped the burger with Mrs. Renfro's smokey roasted salsa.

Here are the pics:

Burgers ready and waiting to come to room temp:

P6050073.jpg

Corn on!

P6050080.jpg

Corn after a brief 'carmelization':

P6050081.jpg

Burgers on!

P6050084.jpg

At the turn...

P6050089.jpg

Let's add some cheese:

P6050094.jpg

Off the grill and in the kitchen:

P6050095.jpg

My plate:

P6050100.jpg

As I said, these were way better than I was expecting. I'll definitely be doing them again.

Oh, I cooked them over Stubbs, with a chunk of hickory.

Jim, not sure if I've mentioned it before or NOT but I TOO LIVE IN VIRGINIA...........If you keep keep up meals like that, I WILL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE WITH MY NOSE and invite myself!!!

Another excellent meal my friend!!

Very creative and fantastic looking meal. Looks like lots of different southwestern flavors your using if you like that sort of thing which I definitely do.

Back