It's Winter Grilling Time....

For me, grilling and bbq’g knows no weather boundaries. For my long bbq cooks I prefer KBB, i.e. bostons, briskets, ribs, whole birds, etc…But shorter grilling sessions will use B&B lump for chicken pieces, potatoes, veggies, burgers, hot dogs.

I believe that pork steaks will be dinner tonight, clear and 25 degrees wind chill of 17. After the furniture moving project of the last two days, I need some grilled deliciousness!
However, I think I fresh doughnut sounds good with coffee for breakfast!

I believe that pork steaks will be dinner tonight, clear and 25 degrees wind chill of 17. After the furniture moving project of the last two days, I need some grilled deliciousness!
However, I think I fresh doughnut sounds good with coffee for breakfast!
68° and sunny today. I will toast to you and this board’s winter grillers. Here’s to warmer weather and medium rare steaks, over lump of course! Cheers 🥂

The sun is shining, wind has died down, should be a lovely evening to grill! Pork steaks bathing in some Trader Joe’s soyaki sauce. Will go old fashioned indirect, first full chimney this year!
I‘ll take pictures soon…
Waiting,F38F18DC-208C-47AA-B2D9-E1A1094CCED9.jpeg

Last edited:
Missed grabbing a picture, but cooked up a whole young chicken beercan style.

Vortex wide-end up, Founder's All Day IPA for the chicken and OffColor Brewery Kilo Beer for the cook.

Cooked on lower grate. 2/3 chimney of briquettes pilled around the outside, 5lb chicken in the Vortex with round foil pan. Two apple wood chuncks.

Took just under an hour. Got a beautiful skin between the wood and the light cost of cornstarch.

Didn’t get any “done” pix, sorry folks. I was just too hungry! Spinach salad and stovetop stuffing filled the plate. It was pretty good. Not my best but, tasty.

Back