It's Pizza Season!!!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Needed a change of pace from Chile Colorado (though I did ponder a pizza with the sauce....) :)

Not too much to tell here, the pictures should do it.....

27880852988_5cb0aa5735_k.jpg

First skin dressed -- homemade italian sausage with jalapenos (gets a drizzle of honey after cooking):

27880853148_a8db552add_k.jpg

....and cooked up:

40850911615_7fe9468485_k.jpg

Second pie out of the KP -- sausage again with some garlic sauteed mushrooms:

40850911595_7dce96fc35_k.jpg

Made a couple more of the same combinations. My fire management was a little rusty, so I didn't get quite the heat that I wanted, and also cooled down a bit too much at the end. Pretty good pie session for the first of the Spring, though! :)

R

I still have not fired up my pizza rig! Those shots are inspiring to say the least!

Edit:
I completely agree about the ambience of your entertaining area First rate!!

Last edited:
There's some good looking pizzas at your place. I really like the Italian sausage/jalapeno one.

Your BBQ island, landscaping and lighting sure is nice.

Thanks for the comments on pizza and yard. Believe me, I love having all that prep space outside (6'x8')!

I really like the Italian sausage/jalapeno one..

It's my recreation of my favorite from the local Neopolitan place here in Redwood City. Great combination of sweet, spicy, savory, salty.

@Timothy Lewis.....get that pizza rig out and get it dirty!!! :)

R

Thanks Rich! Going Peruvian for today’s family dinner but, pizza will be coming! After smoke day most likely. Waiting for a buddy to bring over the diffuser top plate before I get on the pizza band wagon.

Thanks Rich! Going Peruvian for today’s family dinner but, pizza will be coming! After smoke day most likely. Waiting for a buddy to bring over the diffuser top plate before I get on the pizza band wagon.

Peruvian sounds yummy, I'll keep an eye out for that if you post it up. The top steel really makes a difference, especially if you are going for Neapolitan(ish), as it's the only way to get the top done at the same time as the bottom. The therm on my KP yesterday was reading about 700, but I really need to get an IR gun to temp the stone.

Is the Italian sausage/jalapeno a his n' her pizza?

Ha, funny, Robert! :) As it happens, my wife is not a big fan of jalapenos, so my oldest daughter and I ate that half. You can probably tell that I even removed all the "insides" from the peppers, so they were as tame as could be (I used my apple corer to do it, and it doesn't leave any veins.)

Outstanding pizzas they both look delicious. Awesome back yard and this is the time to enjoy it. Great job on both.

Very nice yard and prep area and those pies look great! My KP is now a garage wall decoration. I sold my KP dedicated performer as things were getting a little tight on the Weber alley patio. After I sold it I should have had "stupid" tattooed on my forehead. Now I'm trying to find a used silver 22.5 to dedicate to the KP and of course non are to be found anywhere near here.

Very nice yard and prep area and those pies look great! My KP is now a garage wall decoration. I sold my KP dedicated performer as things were getting a little tight on the Weber alley patio. After I sold it I should have had "stupid" tattooed on my forehead. Now I'm trying to find a used silver 22.5 to dedicate to the KP and of course non are to be found anywhere near here.

Thanks, Rich (and Barb!) Sorry you can't find yourself a rescue Weber for your KP. Wish you were closer to me, I could put togther a franken-Weber for you from the "spare parts" bin. In fact, I just wheeled my "spare" kettle over to my neighbor's place so that he has somewhere to fire up his KP for the first time tonight. Keep looking!

R

The Peruvian bird was well received! I will be using this recipe time and time again! I had to go to a “function” and let it ride while we were away. Got home and made up the sides and sauce, we dove right in! Excellent, thanks for sharing!

The Peruvian bird was well received! I will be using this recipe time and time again! I had to go to a “function” and let it ride while we were away. Got home and made up the sides and sauce, we dove right in! Excellent, thanks for sharing!

My pleasure, TL, but I'm guessing you meant for this to be in Robert's Peruvian chicken thread? :)

R

That is one seriously inviting and top notch back yard kitchen, Rich!!! :D Officially jealous. And the pizzas were every bit as well executed. Looking forward to switching our homemade pies from the over to the Weber soon. Outstanding work on both.

That is one seriously inviting and top notch back yard kitchen, Rich!!! :D Officially jealous. And the pizzas were every bit as well executed. Looking forward to switching our homemade pies from the over to the Weber soon. Outstanding work on both.

Thank you for the kind words, JP. Overhauled the yard last year after putting it off for the prior 20......that grilling/prep/bar area is my sanctuary. :) Now, go cook a pizza on your grill! :)

R

Thank you for the kind words, JP. Overhauled the yard last year after putting it off for the prior 20......that grilling/prep/bar area is my sanctuary. :) Now, go cook a pizza on your grill! :)

R

This is why I am eternally jealous of the people who live where it doesn't snow...There is no financial incentive to build anything like this when you can only use it 1/2 the year in Ma.

Nice setup! And sausage/jalepeno is my favorite ZAAA! I will be trying the drizzle of honey when I grill the next ZAAA's! Thanks for the idea.

Back