It’s that time of year, yes Rack Of Pork.

OOOOh Osso Bucco style? Sounds lovely! I’m leaning toward crowning a pair and serve maybe a wild rice stuffing in the center, still working on figuring out the logistics for the Porchetta for Thanksgiving. Down to one fridge and a baby one which isn’t good for much (Maybe a dozen beers).

I have a great recipe for a pork glaze if you're looking to glaze your roast:

2/3 Cup Applesauce
2/3 Cup Ketchup
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
1 Teaspoon dried Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Fresh squeezed juice from a Lemon (1/2 lemon if it's large)
No heating required, just mix it nicely. I don't use 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon, I just give it a shake or two from the Cinnamon shaker
It gets better if you make it the day before you need it. When glazing keep the heat low, this will burn easily

I've never done one of those but that looked so good I had to get one too.
I haven’t got the foggiest idea how I’m gonna cook it though.
I might pan sear all sides and stick it either in the oven or maybe a crockpot ?
I wonder if it could cook kinda like a pork butt?
If so that would be the way I’d like to proceed.

I've never done one of those but that looked so good I had to get one too.
I haven’t got the foggiest idea how I’m gonna cook it though.
I might pan sear all sides and stick it either in the oven or maybe a crockpot ?
I wonder if it could cook kinda like a pork butt?
If so that would be the way I’d like to proceed.
If you have a rotisserie, then that's the best way (imho) and if not, indirect on a 275 degree even 300 Weber Kettle. Do not put it in your Crockpot. It's a standing rib roast and deserves nothing but the best. It's done at 145 and it's over done at 165

Day'um!!!!!
I have never made this but that is going to change.....Based on thickness and the large looking size of that it would appear as though that took a bit of time......using pork shoulder smoking times in my head.......
I always get nervous the fire is too hot while spinning food. I would assume you took it to a lovely 137 ish then rested????

Day'um!!!!!
I have never made this but that is going to change.....Based on thickness and the large looking size of that it would appear as though that took a bit of time......using pork shoulder smoking times in my head.......
I always get nervous the fire is too hot while spinning food. I would assume you took it to a lovely 137 ish then rested????
I took it all the way to 142° before I removed it from the heat. Even though the roast was almost 7 Lbs it cooks very quickly on the rotisserie.
I just stopped the rotisserie and used my Thermoworks Dot for the internal temp.....

I haven't seen many people use the Vortex this way, I get a chimney of coals going, place the vortex big side up, cover it with a lid and when the coals are done I pour them around the Vortex. Its basically an indirect cook as the Vortex shields the heat from the Rack of Pork....
I have never tried cooking this with the charcoal baskets and a foil tray in the middle, but I'm sure it will work just fine.

Back