INTRODUCING: the "Roto Damper"

Just got home from the day job and replied to your email. Please understand this is a hobby for me, I do my best to answer questions but during the work week I generally only get a chance to check my mailbox in early morning or evenings.

I want to jump on the train of thanking Ralph and help put any Ralph bashing to bed. He answered so many of my n00b questions and took time to explain things to me. He would often include pictures of what I needed to do. I have an email chain that is probably 20 emails long where Ralph helped me out. I did buy some things from Ralph and he was fair and upfront with everything and everything went great. Even after our business was done he continued to help out and send me emails and explanations and improved my smoker tremendously. He worked with what I was bringing to the project instead of dismissing it as not fitting the RD3.

Thanks again Ralph!

I would also like to take the time to thank Ralph for all of his contributions. He is an integral member in the forum, and has answered so many questions. I am probably one of the biggest bashers, and I do apologize.

I don't own a 3D printer so making one of these myself isn't really an option. I'd be interested in purchasing one from someone with cat5 thermocouple/sensor board and the servo (if that's possible). Could someone let me know either here or via PM what it would cost? Thanks!

All,

Which RJ45 jack are you guys using? I am stationed in England and can't get to a Home Depot to look at them, could somebody give me the part # for the version for the RD3?

Charles

*Stupid question*

Just got my RD3 and I'm messing with it at my desk at work and I had a question....How does the blower mount inside the case? Hot glue or something like that? Or the blue sticky putty that was included in the parts bag? And it looks like the servo is just sandwiched into place using the arm...

*Stupid question*

Just got my RD3 and I'm messing with it at my desk at work and I had a question....How does the blower mount inside the case? Hot glue or something like that? Or the blue sticky putty that was included in the parts bag? And it looks like the servo is just sandwiched into place using the arm...

The blower just sits inside. It's a tight fit and it should just slide into position. As for the servo, you are correct, once you put the disk on and the arm is screwed in its held in place. Don't over-screw as you will put to much tension on the the disk and it wont move freely. You want just enough to hold it in place and to move.

The blower just sits inside. It's a tight fit and it should just slide into position. As for the servo, you are correct, once you put the disk on and the arm is screwed in its held in place. Don't over-screw as you will put to much tension on the the disk and it wont move freely. You want just enough to hold it in place and to move.

Sweet. I guess I'm just overthinking everything. Excited to get this thing up and running!!

As john said, the blower is a tight fit and is just pressed into place. It should stay put without issue, however, after it is pressed all the way down you should be able to press the exhaust portion slightly into the rectangular output which will definitely prevent it from moving.

As john said, the blower is a tight fit and is just pressed into place. It should stay put without issue, however, after it is pressed all the way down you should be able to press the exhaust portion slightly into the rectangular output which will definitely prevent it from moving.

Got it all assembled and tuned up! Ready to rock this weekend!

Thanks again for answering all my dumb question emails and getting me hooked up with this awesome piece!

Hi Ralph or anyone else that may be able to help,

I am trying to get hold of the files to print a RD3. I sent Ralph a PM a few weeks ago but didn't hear back, maybe the message didn't go through. I appreciate this is something Ralph does on the side so I am reluctant to bombard him with more PM's. Does anyone else have files or a link to the files I can use to print up a RD3? have the Aux board, servo and fan ready to go. I just need to kick off the print.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Jeff,
I am just getting back online after a difficult transition between ISP's, must have missed your PM. Shoot me an email to rotodamper AT hotmail dot com and I will get back to you this evening after work (gotta run here in just a minute or two)

I have an OG heatermeter... I think the servo died is there a way to test it ? Also anyone know how to take the damn thing apart to get the servo out ? ohh also what are the setting for the servo also ?

Back