Inspired by Bob C and Jim L

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I went to buy essentials for this Friday cook.

Then I got this which my butcher highly recommended for the pork steaks he cut up for me.
1371881522.jpg

Big pork steaks like Jim does them. According to the butcher they were 1.5 inches thick.
1371881672.jpg

On the grill they go for about 2 hours with orange wood.
1371881796.jpg

I did a potato packet that Bob did in one of his recent cooks. Potato, onions,jalapeño, and butter. ( mine was a little different)
1371881802.jpg

Grilled some corn
1371881501.jpg

Almost done
1371881346.jpg

Potatoes done in about an hour
1371881517.jpg

Did a quick sear but I guess due to marinade it burnt up quick... Shouldn't of done that...
1371881508.jpg

Plated and ready to eat. Overall it was good this marinade brought out the pork flavor and I highly recommend it
1371881519.jpg

I keep wanting to have my butcher cut me up some of those, theres so many things I've been inspired to do and so little time, great cook.

Thank you for not having water bottles mixed in with the beer this time Tony =)
Looks great.

Peter

Lookin'GoodTony!
Everyone knows pork steaks are great eets, and now, after seeing your cuts, the butcher shops across the nation (the WORLD, for that matter) will be busy today cuttin' thick slabs of butt!
You're going back for more, aren'tcha?? ;)

Tony those are AMAZING pork steaks. I love the marbling on them. When they cook the flavor will be fantastic. As I am sure you found out.

Great looking meal Tony! Nothing like following in "the masters'" footsteps! Bob and Jim are going to drive the price of pork steaks through the roof with all of us TVWBB members going out and buying them! :cool:

Lookin'GoodTony!
Everyone knows pork steaks are great eets, and now, after seeing your cuts, the butcher shops across the nation (the WORLD, for that matter) will be busy today cuttin' thick slabs of butt!
You're going back for more, aren'tcha?? ;)

I only paid 1.69 lb...
But I apologize for the plated pic :(
Now that I see the pictures I must taken a picture of maribels plate with the baby steak. Mine was the giant steak..

Back