Informal Survey. Who prefers a Vinegar base sauce on their pulled pork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tony Ventura:
...Keith (et.al.) heres a link to a page at 'allrecipes.com' ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, thanks Tony, I think? ( ?? Should I slap'm silly for confounding me more or give'm a hug for all the new treasures???) Ooops, sorry bout that, sometimes I think outloud. Uh, Thanks Tony.
icon_wink.gif

**To-Do list appears to be growing**
icon_eek.gif

I have to go with the vinegar sauce with a lot of heat on the pulled pork - with the cole slaw piled on top, of course.

The first pulled pork sandwich I ever had was compliments of my dad, who brought some back from NC. The vinegar sauce and the cole slaw was new to me. He told me that's the way they do it there. Can't mess with tradition!
icon_biggrin.gif

(What was I thinking? I should have been more specific, my dad brought it back from "eastern" NC. My apologies.)

For a good link to NC style bbq, check this out The Lexington Collection. They have a lot of good information. This is a neat site and has a section called "sauces" - you will find various recipes for "eastern" and "western" NC style sauces. You can find Lexington style in the "western" category. And there is plenty of other information on there to spend some time surfing!

Hope you enjoy!

I mix a bit of vinegar sauce in with the pulled pork, put a touch more on the sandwich, AND put sweet sauce (and/or hot) (like sweet baby ray's, or lip lickin' sauce).

Being from KC I've gotta go tomato based. I prefer a really runny sauce with pulled pork, like Curly's Mesquite flavored sauce. KC Masterpiece is good, but it's a little thick for sammiches.

Vinegar! In this part of North Carolina we spell pulled "CHOPPED" and it must have a vinegar sauce
icon_wink.gif
A well made vinegar sauce is hard not to love.

Rick

Gotta go with vinegar based sauces. Just add mustard and whoo wee. Stogies "Miss Piggy Sauce" rules the roost at my house.

vinegar seems to have it, but I like a sweet sauce like Baby Rays or KC Masterpiece. All in my family did too. We had several sauces (both types) this weekend to try on my first butt's. Sweet (tomato) won.

BUT IT WAS ALL GOOD!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Tomato for me, but a bit skewed 'cause I don't think I've ever tasted a vinegar based sauce. I guess I could try to make some from posts on the site, but are they any national brands I could pick up to give a try?

Not to waffle but I like vinegar if it is mixed through the pork and tomato based if it served as a "side" to the sandwich like ketchup.

Although I'm from Kansas City where tomato based sauces rule, I've gotta go with vinegar sauce for pulled pork.

I came across George's (I think) in North Carolina and use it on pork and salads. It has a nice bite to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back