In the 90's AGAIN, so it was too hot to grill..............

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
So I decided to BBQ….. baby backs. They looked a little “different” packaged and when I went to pull the membrane, even more so. These were thicker with more meat and more fat. The usual treatment, mustard followed by The Slabs Kyle Style BBQ rub. I love this stuff and unfortunately I’m in a rut as it’s all I use on pulled pork and ribs.
003-L.jpg

Once again my “Buddy” is ready to cook. Three apple, two hickory, Wicked Good Lump.
005-L.jpg

Three hours into it at 250F and they were hit with apple juice. Yes, all that in back of the WSM is mint coming back from last year. Want some?!?!
010-L.jpg

Done after five hours. Half were basted with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ & Honey. This is the action shot for Mr. Lampe. :)
012-L.jpg

Ready to eat! Poor photo but they were moist and had a decent bark. The important thing is everyone liked them and no leftovers.
013-L.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome looking ribs Rolf! Hey, if your rub is doing the trick than I don't think
you are in a rut. If it's the flavor you like then why change? I have tried just
about every commercial rub out there and have finally settled on 2 that I will basically
use on everything. Want some "used leftover rubs" ?;)

I know the feeling. It's hard to take a chance on something else. Nice meal Rolf.

Good lookin' ribs! And if you like the rub,that's all that matters! I've got 2-3 rubs that I like and just use those.

Hotdam those ribs look good!
Super duper pics too Rolf!
pass on the mint, we have our own, and mint will never touch my food unless it's in GS Thin Mints.

Rolf, nice cook, I'd try some of them right now. I'm above you a bit and getting same weather , where did our high 70's low 80's go?
Very good looking Golden, shaved ours for the first time this year she likes it.
Also super nice set of knifes on the counter.....nothing but the best!

Back