In search of blue lid

Bought my 97 platinum genesis 3000 and now my dad wants his own. He’s a U of M guy so the blue lid is only natural. If anyone has one for sale I’d be interested!

Looking for a 3 burner genesis, 04 or earlier model. Thanks y’all.

Matt, you are better off keeping your eyes out local for a lid. It would likely cost almost $100 to ship one to you.
Also, I don't think the blue in the lids is a very close match to the UofM blue color. But it is blue, I guess.

That’s what I’ve been doing. I am willing to drive a few hours if someone was close but yeah I’ll just keep an eye out. Good call on the blue, maybe it’s not necessary...

I wouldn't shy away from the blue lid due to the shade difference. It is still my favorite color for the older grills. But, search the bigger metro areas (Detroit, Ann Arbor) near you on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace and one will eventually turn up. I searched a whole summer and never found one at a reasonable price. Then, the next summer I had 3 or 4 drop in my lap.

But, in the mean time, just get the grill up and running and you can swap lids out at any point down the line. Mine started out life as a redhead before it got a new blue hat.

Yup, just gotta keep looking...it'll pop up sooner or later...it always happens like that.

Patience is a virtue I rarely exhibit but, when on the search for something particular, I have learned that it’s not too tough if you want it badly enough. I got super lucky with my genesis $20.00! Then of course I had to rebuild it but, it was kind of a fun project. Thanks to all the help from people more experienced than I on this site!
Almost time to light the fires and kick the tires on todays double barrel “Overperformer” presentation!

OT: When looking for used BBQs/grills, I'm amazed so little effort is taken to sell the item. 'BBQ for sale' when it's obviously a recent Weber Kettle, or you can see the name 'Char-Broil' in the picture. And it wouldn't hurt to hose off the outside of it to attract interest. Not so they can increase the price, but just to 'move' it.

Last edited:
OT: When looking for used BBQs/grills, I'm amazed so little effort is taken sell the item. 'BBQ for sale' when it's obviously a recent Weber Kettle, or you can see the name 'Char-Broil' in the picture. And it wouldn't hurt to hose off the outside of it to attract interest. Not so they can increase the price, but just to move it.
Shhh. If sellers cleaned up their grills and clearly identified them, they would charge more money. ;)

Exactly. Weber has become synonymous with grills. I guess the kettle style more so than the gas ones, but I still see people calling all manner of gas grills a Weber.

There we go! $75 I’m picking up tomorrow... anyone know if this lid would be compatible to an older genesis with the durawood slats? Including swapping the handle.

Yep, you can swap the lid. I am 90% sure the handle is also swappable, but if not, the end caps should be swappable and with them the handle.
Contrats.

I have a blue lid just like that. It came off a Silver B like yours and I have mine on a 1993 real wood Genesis 1000 with a wood handle.

Back