Im a proud father!!!

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Today I teached my son Anthony how to cook on the his Mini WSM. Safety,Fire management, and basic prep. He is only 6 so Im not sure how much he will remember. The good thing is he asked when were we cooking again and that he wants to help...

We did Cornish game hen today...
Its only my son and my daughter Bianca this week since wife is away on business.

Seasoned with webers beer can chicken, then decided to do a basic brine.

Got the fire started..

on the mini they go...

it held steady @ 275. ? Had him check every 20 min to see if was ok...

after 45 min..

another action shot

Finished!!

plated with chorizo beans and jalapeno. last minute i decided to add spicy bbq sauce I had. Thanks for looking. I do things a little different bbq sauce and beans LOL!!

Great cook but better time spent being a dad. He may not remember the "cooking" but I bet he don't forget the "time" with his dad.

Great job Anthony.......(Oh and you big Tony lol) colour on them chooks is fantastic look so juicy great education time spent with dad.

Very nice job, Tony! It is great to see people sharing the Weber obsession with their families.

We just need to fit Anthony for a nice Steelers jersey.

That smile in the first pic pretty much tells the whole story!!! Excellent post Tony and the hens look awesome too, Excellent job Anthony!!

Congratulations, Anthony !!!! Great looking Cook !!!

Tony, me thinks you have a future BBQ competitor in the making. :wsm:

There's going to be a contest on the beach this summer that also has a Kids Que contest !
Ribs, Pigs & Watermelons
August 17
Huntington Beach State Beach (first parking lot south of PCH / Beach Blvd) entrance.

http://www.rpwbbq.com/

Bob

Awesome cooking Anthony! Tony you really got it good now, Maribel and now your son doing the
cooking so you can relax, supervise and drink beer! Oh yeah, and take photos! :D

Nice job Anthony. Your dad is teaching you essential life skills there! My boys are in their 30's and they are both skilled grillers ....and girls like that in a guy! :wsm:

Nice job Tony and Anthony!! Bet it was hard to keep the lid on. If Anthony was like me growing up I would have asked to see the chicken every 5 mins.

Back