If you like A-1

As much as I use Amazon I’d really like to support some of the little guys when I can, I will have to do some snooping around.

My sister in laws brother used to live in Costa Rica and they brought back Lizano sauce a couple of times, that’s a very different but, equally interesting sauce! Wish I could find some locally.
I can find HP here most of the time, even Meijer’s carries it!
Tim: The "Lizano Family Brand" is a very old one. Besides their excellent salsas they are also in the Liquor business which are of great quality and sold at a fair price. That orange liquor pictured in IMG 0139 makes a great BBQ Salsa Ingredient to slather on Pork Ribs and
Roasts. I have no set recipe for this salsa as it is a little of this and a little of that but seems to come out great each time I prepare it.

As I recall due to adult refreshments I had a few "buzzing bees" circling in my head each time I prepare it :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I got intrigued by the above comments about HP sauce. (It's sold on Amazon)
The malt vinegar in it sounded good, but a reviewer said it tasted of cloves.
Copy-cat recipes call for cloves, so I'll pass. Not a fan of A-1 either.

I suggest you try it - you can find it in many supermarkets.

Ok, I'm going to take a stab at this WITHOUT a search:

I'm guessing the "HP" stands for Heublein Pub/Preferred/Premium. The bottles and labels I've seen have reminded me of A-1 bottles, and I believe Heublein owns or owned the A-1 name.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to take a stab at this WITHOUT a search:

I'm guessing the "HP" stands for Heublein Pub/Preferred/Premium. The bottles and labels I've seen have reminded me of A-1 bottles, and I believe Heublein owns or owned the A-1 name.

According to the HP sauce website it stands for Houses of Parliament in the UK.

Back