If you like A-1

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
You'll love this stuff; I'd say it's probably similar to A-1 Bold:

StripSteak20200328_4.jpg

It's delicious as heck and imported from Peru by Transnational Foods of Miami. I actually buy mine in the little town of Cable, WI, where the local grocer sells it for $1 a bottle (that was the price when I was there 11 months ago) so I buy a couple every year.

And if you're an A-1 hater just move along...there's nothing for you here.;)

Good eye! Yes, it's his new book about steak - I haven't gotten completely through it yet, but it's been good reading so far.

Thanks! I'll tell my 3yo grandson you're a fan of his work...would you like to be added to his mailing list and Twitter feed?;)

Last edited:
Update: the sauce has a new label and is now a product of Brazil...and it SUCKS!! It's way less tangy and zesty, and now there's a kind of tomatoey undertone. It's been RUINED!

On their website the importer states that they love to hear from customers, but that might not be so true if that customer's me. They've yet to reply to me; maybe it's because I told them that the new sauce is like putting "Tutti Frutti" on the hi-fi and hearing Pat Boone instead of Little Richard... ;)

I got intrigued by the above comments about HP sauce. (It's sold on Amazon)
The malt vinegar in it sounded good, but a reviewer said it tasted of cloves.
Copy-cat recipes call for cloves, so I'll pass. Not a fan of A-1 either.

My sister in laws brother used to live in Costa Rica and they brought back Lizano sauce a couple of times, that’s a very different but, equally interesting sauce! Wish I could find some locally.
I can find HP here most of the time, even Meijer’s carries it!

Aint no cloves in HP Sauce Bob. (Can't stand the taste of cloves either).
I saw the ingredient list, thought maybe cloves fell under the spices category. Still odd that so many copy cat recipes call for them. I'll give it a try if I can find it locally.
My sister in laws brother used to live in Costa Rica and they brought back Lizano sauce a couple of times, that’s a very different but, equally interesting sauce! Wish I could find some locally.
Amazon sells it, $9 for a 23.7 oz bottle.

Back