Iberico

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Gold Member
So I cooked a 2lb Iberico Secreto from Wild Fork Farms. It was crazy good. Only done this 3 or 4 times...gets better every cook. Some wild rice and squash riding side-car. My photos don't do justice to this cook. Gotta up my game.

WFF secreto. Just salt and pepper. Fall is arriving. Love this season.
20240918_215548.jpg

Grilled direct for about 4 minutes per side, then indirect until 150°. Squash on.
20240918_221400.jpg

Squash finishing.
20240918_222529.jpg

Some boxed wild rice. Was too lazy to do it from scratch and besides, it evokes childhood memories. Added some cotija cheese and, eventually, cranberries.
20240918_221153.jpg

Plated for dinner. My wife took one bite and thought it was ribeye.
20240918_223714.jpg

Can't believe how good the Iberico secreto really is. Lucky man. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Man that cut looks awesome.
I have only had pressa and chops and as well not from Spain.
While it was good, I know the import meat would be better......think wagyu and the differnt options.
Keep up the good work....

When I posted my pressa I believe I cooked it to somewhere around 130 to 135....pink wall to wall and it mimicked beef for sure.

Man that cut looks awesome.
I have only had pressa and chops and as well not from Spain.
While it was good, I know the import meat would be better......think wagyu and the differnt options.
Keep up the good work....

When I posted my pressa I believe I cooked it to somewhere around 130 to 135....pink wall to wall and it mimicked beef for sure.
Yeah, I gotta try the pressa. You would love the secreto, even domestic.

Back