I will just leave this here

Yah, I bet it sold by the next morning. Sheesh, I would have snuck out at 3am to go pick that up.

I might have had to sleep outside after I got home! Until I get some of what I already have finished and sold I am under a zero tolerance for more grills. But, yeah, that would have been easy money. Buy a caster and door and you have a $500+ grill.

I’m really enjoying reading this conversation and can completely identify with wanting more grills even though I’m still in the middle of 3 restorations.

Here’s a question. Has anyone else had difficulty with giving up on a grill if it seems too far gone? I’m a sucker for trying to restore really beat up stuff.

Oh, I have scrapped a lot of weber grills over the past few years. After you have done a few, you start to realize that some just are not worth it and most importantly, there are always more out there.

I’m really enjoying reading this conversation and can completely identify with wanting more grills even though I’m still in the middle of 3 restorations.

Here’s a question. Has anyone else had difficulty with giving up on a grill if it seems too far gone? I’m a sucker for trying to restore really beat up stuff.

I have never had one with sentimental value. I have seen other people that restored family member's grills that mean a lot to them.

I look at grills as scrap metal and work up from there. I always get something out of the grills so it all works out.

Time to raise rehab/flip prices.

That is not a restore. That is 20 minutes of work. Looking at his other items is one of these persons that sells whatever just to make some $
“Oh ok is a Weber the new ones are over $1000 ill list mine at just $700 thats 30% off !!! “
They have Zero appreciation, understanding or care of what they are selling.
I don’t trust these people.

Last edited:
Well, if they guy can get $700 for that thing, more power to him. I don't really think he dishonest as he is naïve about what his grill is, what it is worth and what would really constitute a "rehab".

That is not a restore. That is 20 minutes of work. Looking at his other items is one of these persons that sells whatever just to make some $
“Oh ok is a Weber the new ones are over $1000 ill list mine at just $700 thats 30% off !!! “
They have Zero appreciation, understanding or care of what they are selling.
I don’t trust these people.
I agree if somebody pays that, they have more money than sense.

I'm pretty sure that grill and a couple like it have been listed for $500+ for months now on craiglist/facebook, like all summer.

Last edited:
That's the top of the line there, Samuel. I'd jump on that for $20...it's grey (silver) porcelain enamel with pinstripes. Not many people like the color, according to Bruce's survey.

It's a Genesis 5.

EDIT: Fairly early, too, with the FlameCheck system...but not too early because it has the tank level indicator sticker, not the plate, and the tank level arm is on the left (I think)...and Durawood (?)

Last edited:

Back