I will just leave this here

That is pitiful. Not unlike other cabinet Weber grills, but at $2800 and three to four times the price, you would expect a lot more.

Well, I thought I had a chance at an E310 for rehabbing.....Until the picture of the cabinet.

I have seen way worse. I could even help you with a stainless bottom, but that broken hinge would be another problem.

Probably not a good solo candidate, but for someone who regularly does these, $50 might be worth it.

I have been seeing quite a few Spirit II's pop up on the for sale sites. Almost no Genesis II grills though. Anyone else seeing that?

Lots of Spirit II's here in the $150 -$300 range, but I can't remember the last Genesis II I saw at any price.

Somebody in southern Indiana listed an apparently unused Genesis II lacking a caster and one front door for only $100. If it was closer to me I would have tried, but work wouldn't allow the trip it would have taken - not to mention that I have promised my wife I am done. What, with unfinished grills and parts all over the place, why should she careo_O?!!! Anyway, sold the next morning.

And here's another beautiful Genesis Platinum in San Diego for $100. Natural gas, and I would prefer it has a side burner.

In SoCal, there's plenty of newer Spirits for $100, and I do see Genesis II for $300 about once a month. Since it does not rain much here, the closed cabinets are preferred, so that we can keep all our junk inside.

00m0m_hXK6Xk5VKii_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Is this lid original or was it swapped onto this grill?

Is this lid original or was it swapped onto this grill?

Hi Bruce, The plastic handle of the lid and the durawood slats are the same vintage, late 90's. Wood to Plastic slotted handles to Solid plastic

Yah, but sometimes the end caps are swapped out. Did not think there were any "Platinum" grills in the Genesis 1000 line up other than the ones with the beefy frame and fixed tables which that grill is clearly not.

Last edited:
I have one (Maroon/Burgundy). They are p/n 211201

I believe they came with SS flavorizer bars and SmokeN'Chips installed, but I could be wrong.

Well, dang it, I wish I could find one of those. Can't remember ever seeing one around here for sale.

And here's another beautiful Genesis Platinum in San Diego for $100. Natural gas, and I would prefer it has a side burner.

In SoCal, there's plenty of newer Spirits for $100, and I do see Genesis II for $300 about once a month. Since it does not rain much here, the closed cabinets are preferred, so that we can keep all our junk inside.

View attachment 17004
If you end up picking it up. I'd be interested in swapping my side burner for the end table!

Back