I will just leave this here

I am no expert on Hasty-Bake, but I have been following these things
for about 8 months now. They are essentially a charcoal grill that can
also be used as an over. One popped up on fb last summer, I was
an hour late and another guy beat me to it. I had never
heard of them and started doing some homework. They have a pretty serious
cult following primarily in Oklahoma. They seem to hold pretty strong
resale value, but they do have a limited market.

...bottom is rusted so tank sits on the ground. Easy fix.

I love these ads on CL that tell you that the problems with the grill they are selling are an “easy fix” or “parts cheap on Amazon”, etc.

This is my favorite of the Genesis 300 series grills, so it is a shame it has shrunk from rust disintegration:(

10g01oj.jpg

312twmd.jpg

https://orlando.craigslist.org/hsh/d/orlando-weber-genesis-grill/6798509337.html

I actually do wish that rebuilding all four legs on a rusted frame was an easy fix:eek:!

It looks like you have your work cut out for you on that one.

One of the reasons the bottom rusted is because that guy did what a lot of people do with those grills and that is simply set the propane tank down on the bottom of the grill. That is not what they are supposed to do. There is a tank scale with a bracket on it to suspend the tank on the right side of the inside of the cabinet. But, thy just set it on the bottom panel and scratch it all up which exposes it to the elements and rust is the inevitable result. Not that it wouldn't eventually rust anyway, but that just accelerates the problem.

Last edited:
It looks like you have your work cut out for you on that 1

Not me! Current stock first.:rolleyes:

If I were looking to buy, I would rather spend more and get a way better one of these. Since I am no welder, there is no ready way to fix the legs of one of these that has rusted this badly. I have a few stainless bottoms and backs my friend made for me before he sold his sheet metal shop, but I can’t fix a frame that is this far gone.

OH, I thought you had drug that one home. Yah, I would consider that a "parts" grill at best.

I just posted for fun. I can’t believe sellers think that people can’t see past “easy fix” nonsense:confused:. If it is so easy, why haven’t you done it?!!!:rolleyes:

Yah, the "easy fix" is to simply cut a piece of 3/8" ply wood to drop in there. If you really want to call that a fix. The rotted legs? I guess setting the whole mess on a mat is about as "easy" as you can come up with. Maybe stick a wooden dowel up into the legs and cut them off so it raises the grill off the ground a couple inches.....

Like I said, it is a "parts grill". Might be worth $50 if it had a good set of SS rod grates.

Oh man this is cool. Looks like it is called a Summit 6.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2059659987664932

It is the original first generation Summit. From all accounts one of Weber's very best. Problem is that the firebox is subject to rust through and there is no support or replacements.

I think you are getting the Weberitous Fever. It can be fun, but beware that your eyes don't get bigger than your stomach! Before you know it you could wind up like me with a yard full of projects I am forever "going to get to."

Last edited:

I saw those last night. When I got home from work. I messaged the person selling the black one, but I haven't heard back from them. Normally I would consider them to far away but the one in Danville peaked my interest, even though it's an hour and a half one way. Guess we'll see if I hear back from them.

I emailed the seller again. Maybe they didn't notice the one I sent at midnight when I got home last night. I have a feeling someone already got it though. Either way it will be my last attempt to contact them.

Here's one but not interested...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2113078109003679/

Not sure what the cabinet looks like (probably rusting as shown on the pic) but should be fixable.

I don’t have the negative attitude toward this version that I do for the current Summit. Still, this “free” grill is not for the faint of heart - or wallet. Flavorizers: very unique and pretty expensive. Firebox: not all cast aluminum and potentially subject to dangerous burn-through. If you want a personal big grill and are willing to put the money and time into it, this might not be half bad candidate. I personally would hold out for the “Platinum” version with stainless frame and cabinetry.

I have come to the conclusion that these larger grills with more expensive, special parts make poor flip candidates.

A rarity

Check out this Outdoor bbq station for $500 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/ICk3F5oovT

Have fun loading that beast up. I don't care how much that originally cost. That is not worth $500. It is very cool but really??? Who in the heck (other than us freaks on this site) will appreciate a monstrosity like that. I bet that originally came from California BackYard originally. Some dropped $3000 on that thing back in the day and they think they can get $500 dollars for what they just had demo'ed out. Probably was the dude that demo'ed out that is selling it. The folks told him that they paid big for it and had him haul it off to the dump. He instead put it in his backyard and now is trying to sell it. To me that should be free or $50. Gotta love South Sac. Watch me get Jason in CA fired up.

me: Hey Jason what up in South Sac homeboy?
Jason: I do not live in South Sac! I live in Elk Grove fine sir....
me: Ya but isn't Elk Grove & South Sacramento the same thing?
Jason: Oh Heaven's no! We are much fancier. South Sac is totally ghetto.
me: Oh right on. Well is it cool to have 50 dead gas grills in your Elk Grovian fancy yard?
Jason: Hellz yes son! I got friggin' parts ereewhure boy.... (spray paints TVWBB 4 life on the wall)

Back