I will just leave this here

That's pretty cool. I would love to be in the position to collect those kinds of grills. It would be a fine hobby if not for the expense and space needed. Seems a guy could wind up with dozens if not hundreds depending on if he wanted to limit it to types of grills or what ever.

Another logo.

Check out this 22 in Weber kettle (Kraft logo) for $120 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/mJZZ8Nn3tT

Seems to be just a little on the high side, until you look at the price of some other kettles.

This kettle was recently sold on ebay for a little over $3000.00

s-l1600.jpg

It's a brand new, never used, 79 blue. It has made the rounds between kettle club
members for better than 5 years. It is now headed to Canada.

WHEWWWW!!!!

That is an amazing and beautiful time-warp, but there is no Weber kettle of any color or kind worth that kind of money in my framework. Kettle collectors are SERIOUS people. I wonder if the very early Genesis or other special edition Genesis grills will ever get that kind of attention...

There really seem to be some hardcore collectors out there. $3K is crazy in my eyes. As nice as they are in my opinion they are to be used and not just looked at. Same with toys or cars.

I thought it was cool because I didn't even know it was a thing. This is the second one I have seen. The first one was posted in these forums someplace not too long ago. I have no idea if it's a good price, or a good candidate for fixing up. However, I do know it sure as * wouldn't fit in my car. :)

The bad thing here is that they say it needs a "new grill".

I think they meant that literally. Perhaps they are putting the value in the cabinetry and the grill is rusted out or something but they want it all gone. If so someone should try and grab just the grill portion for a good price

I have a 16.5 lb brisket on the genny right now. Probably more like 14 after I trimmed some of the fat. I had to cut the thing in half. It would have been a bit long to get lengthwise into the grill. The thick end is much thicker than the thin end so I just have the thick part on now. I will put the thinner end on pretty soon. I am using the high heat recipe that I used last time that came out really well. I don't have 16 hours to do it the regular way.

It is a beautiful day for using the grill with some nice bright sun and around 30 degrees. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Back