I will just leave this here

I was looking at that one this morning. I'd pay $20 for it if it were closer. When the cabinet floors on this style rot, does it usually take the lower supports of the frame with it, if that makes sense?

Those grills do not have a metal floor. Rather, like the similar 1st generation Summit, they have a wire rack inside on the bottom. Looks like it has been removed on this specimen. The wire rack is not as convenient for storage of smaller items, but it does allow the cabinet to drain well and reduce the issues with rust. Nonetheless,, these grills are 20+ years old, so you will need to expect to do some rust remediation on most you will find.

Yah, Picked up a grill a couple weeks ago where they had it the same way. I wondered if they just didn't want to bother putting it in the end caps or if they just didn't quite know where it was supposed to go.

I just rolled the dice and purchased this one based on photos only. It looks to be very complete and in fine condition so I’ll make the 1.25hr run to Lee, MA some night this week to pick it up. Hopefully, the gamble is worth it. I’ve done very well turning over these big bodied grills with my restorations lately.
IMG_0762.png

Attachments

• IMG_0763.png
    IMG_0763.png
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0764.png
    IMG_0764.png
    819.7 KB · Views: 13

Back