I will just leave this here

Yeah, that one looks pretty nice too. It's so hard to tell from the pictures what the condition of the lid is, but yours seems to be in nice shape.

The one I posted is in W. Wisconsin. It is a pretty time to be in Wisconsin, but I am not sure if your wife would enjoy that big of a detour.

Pretty tough to sell a three burner gas grill for $1000 when you can buy these kinds of 4 burner grills with side burners for 1/5th the price. Basically buy one of these every two years and never have to worry about cleaning it or buying new grates, burners or flavorizer bars. Does it cook as good as a Weber? Not likely, but there are a lot of people grilling out there that just turn the grill on high, wait 5 minutes, throw the meat on, flip it a few times and call it done. Those kind of people wouldn't know the difference.

Walmart CharBroil

View attachment 71014

For decades the Ex was in that camp. I would keep them running for up to 4 years but after the first 2 you are replacing the guts every year. I tried telling her that I could have bought a Weber gasser and be done with it after spending so much money on the cheap ones over the years. When she left one of the first things I did was buy a E330 LOL. Paid just under $800 all in at the time.

8 years later kind of disappointed in the frame rot and burn though. I looked and the new ones are up to $1,500 now :oops: Called Weber and they are replacing the cookbox and burners for free. As long as I have it at parade rest and working on the frame and panels I'm replacing many other parts as well. I'm in to it for ~$320 at this point and that includes SS flavorizer bars and heat deflectors from rcplanebuyer.

Thank you for putting things in perspective for me. I feel it is money well spent in the long game and hopefully will get another 8+ years out of mine once I am done. Found a left over 20" wide piece of plywood in the garage which turns out is exactly the width required for building a replacement floor. Think I will go buy a lottery ticket now :D

The one I posted is in W. Wisconsin. It is a pretty time to be in Wisconsin, but I am not sure if your wife would enjoy that big of a detour.
I didn't see that. Your WI one looks very intact. The Chicago suburban one has lost some stuff but still has the condiment rack. Hard to say for sure, but the hood looks like fade is limited, maybe not at all. No way I can get by with it, though. It would be a homefront disaster!

Pretty tough to sell a three burner gas grill for $1000 when you can buy these kinds of 4 burner grills with side burners for 1/5th the price. Basically buy one of these every two years and never have to worry about cleaning it or buying new grates, burners or flavorizer bars. Does it cook as good as a Weber? Not likely, but there are a lot of people grilling out there that just turn the grill on high, wait 5 minutes, throw the meat on, flip it a few times and call it done. Those kind of people wouldn't know the difference.

Walmart CharBroil

View attachment 71014
Well I, for one, am proud to be an American…

I didn't see that. Your WI one looks very intact. The Chicago suburban one has lost some stuff but still has the condiment rack. Hard to say for sure, but the hood looks like fade is limited, maybe not at all. No way I can get by with it, though. It would be a homefront disaster!
Jon, it looks all the important stuff is there. It's kind of all over the place in the pictures. If I grabbed it, I would have to break down one my grills completely and hide all the parts, which is doable.

Steve, that would be a good 4-5 hour one way drive for Jon even if he was able to sneak away from the visitation with the relatives. I was simply joking about Jon going to grab it.

This just got tucked away in pieces in our storage locker. It barely squeezed in, buying me time to explain why it was worth getting because it was free. Out of sight...
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/788485592892075
348438645_6310865505674037_4519415522263427181_n.jpg

Steve, that would be a good 4-5 hour one way drive for Jon even if he was able to sneak away from the visitation with the relatives. I was simply joking about Jon going to grab it.
Oh, I know you were just kidding about that. I'm not kidding about going to get the one by me though. I sent a message to the owner, just waiting to hear back.

John, you keep finding good stuff. Are you going to get any of it for yourself?
I buy things from Craigslist and marketplace occasionally.

I am currently on the hunt for some steel mobile workbenches for the shed.

I put these listings here because maybe someone else would be interested. And for my own education since I might get into grill rehabilitation when I retire.

I bought my last gas and charcoal grills first, so I am good for now.

Back