I will just leave this here

Tom,
Unfortunately that one sold a couple years ago. I kick myself for not picking it up for $30 asking price.

Jeff
Jeff,

You should go pick this one up. It’s out in Swansea and was just posted yesterday. Seller claims it was only used once and the pics seem to back that claim up and it even has the rotisserie. It’s 3.5 hours each way for me. Otherwise, I’d already be in the truck. You can thank me later.

Pic for posterity...

EBE6BA33-A54B-4348-808A-8831B74F7494.png

I found this ad in a 1958 LIFE magazine. The ad is for DuPont paints but it was the grill that caught my eye. Very cool! I wonder if this indoor grill was a real thing back in the 50's.

Attachments

• PXL_20230102_021822875.jpg
    PXL_20230102_021822875.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 18
That 5lb tank is a score by itself.

The tank that came with my Genesis 1000 had a manufacture date stamped on it and at some point in time my local hardware store told me that they couldn’t refill it because because it was past the legal date.

I am curious if these smaller 5-10 lb. tanks also expire.

John, the 5lb does need certification like the 20lb. However, they can be recertified or you just have to find a place that doesn't care about certifications. There are some that don't pay much or any attention to the certs.

I found this ad in a 1958 LIFE magazine. The ad is for DuPont paints but it was the grill that caught my eye. Very cool! I wonder if this indoor grill was a real thing back in the 50's.
Yes those things were real. I sold a few houses in my Realtor days than had indoor grills like that

I suspect these days you would have a hard time ensuring a home with one of those.
I doubt it would be an issue. The ones I sold (homes) with them were typically all masonry. Some were gas models and some were wood/charcoal. Honestly I doubt any more dangerous than a woodburning fireplace or any stove with a grill built in on top.

323587190_6206207369413031_6468594319490361092_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:d781d98d-a12b-4bbe-8229-1dbb5e8fc3d8

These don't show up near me very often, let alone at a good price. The firebox looks a little warped but many would fit if needed. It's unique style is tempting but I really like the bigger workspace my pullout tables provide. I tend to keep the things I like more than flip so I'm running out of room and my wife's goodwill.

I hope another gasser rehabber/fan here picks it up.

If it was a Gold B I probably would be going after it anyway. Those porcelain tables are pretty cool.

I have one in my project pile, but it does not have a side burner. Even with both sides as trays, truthfully it is a large grill with not as much practical shelf space as you might think. The later Silver/Gold/Platinum grills with thermoset fold-out tables use space much more efficiently, especially if they have foldouts on both sides.

I think what does make these stand out is (1) the "macho" strong look which is backed up by a thick frame borrowed from the 1st generation Summit and (2) that cool long wire condiment rack.

I'd be more likely to keep a Platinum II for the additional table space myself. Add that condiment rack and it would be pretty sweet and useful.

All I'd have to do is get rid of a half dozen vintage bikes or the convertible in the garage to stay married. I'll stick to the one grill project I've taken on for now.

I think we guessed it pretty well that the $99.99 "regular" price is kind of a phantom to allow them to announce regular sales. It is certainly a very nice unit for $55.

This sounds interesting, but I cannot see this being very feasible for most people. How much pizza does a guy have to eat to make something like this worth while?

Back