I will just leave this here

The workmate I am using now was a gift I bought for my dad in the late 70’s. I had after school jobs and I was really proud of myself for buying it for him.

He kept and used it, and my mom gave it back to me after he passed.

I don’t have a garage of shop- all of my tool are stored in a shed I built, so foldable workmates are very useful for the many projects I work on around the house.

Glad to have another one.
At one point, I had 6 of them. Down to 2 with a bunch of parts for repairs.

Looks functional and a great place holder until you can find a better one. For $50, it is a good deal that can be your parts grill when you find a better one.

I would be tempted. It is not cheap - but not impossible - to make that grill work well for many years to come. Love that 304 stainless frame and cabinetry combined with a grill that still looks like a Weber.😎

I actually see that a lot around here. Ignitor quits, buy a new grill. I got a free Performer Deluxe because something chewed the ignitor wire. 5 minute fix.
Or he just wants a new one and using the igniter as an excuse. Either way, the decision to get rid of it may be regretted later.

I agree Larry. That reminds me of the LP Weber Flame that I got a few years ago. It worked fine at first but suddenly quit working. It seemed like it was not getting gas. I traced it to the valve and when I took the valve apart, out fell a small insect pupa. I guess an insect got in there and laid eggs and the pupa hatched but got too big to get back out through the orifice.20200822 Weber flame Valve cleaning (4x).jpg

Has anybody ever taken the frame from one of those Summit x6 grills and dropped a 13-bar fire box into it? It looks like it's three inches wider than the Genesis Platinum B/C frame, so I'm wondering if such a transplant might be a way to get around having to do major surgery to get the cook box to fit.

Has anybody ever taken the frame from one of those Summit x6 grills and dropped a 13-bar fire box into it? It looks like it's three inches wider than the Genesis Platinum B/C frame, so I'm wondering if such a transplant might be a way to get around having to do major surgery to get the cook box to fit.
Had one and couldn’t make it work. But that’s me.

Back