I will just leave this here

anyone on the cape looking for a flip project? floor looks to be in awesome shape. If it wasn't a 2 hour ride i'd be all over it. Listed with "last call" so maybe could get it for a steal.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5032609240181094/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:15260a6b-9b8c-4dde-aed1-084ed9909ac9
I was in Falmouth yesterday, but had the wife's car (without the blankets, etc. that I carry in my car), so wouldn't have been able to grab it anyway.
I think @HankBates is on the Cape, maybe he'll pick it up.

Not so sure about the "cleaned properly after every use" claim, but that grill is well worth $400 if the ceramic inspects OK. Not everyone would want one of these, but ceramic kamado grills do have their strong points.

Primo oval doesn't have the cult following that BGE does, but it is a solid ceramic kamodo. The cart's is probably worth one to two hundred.

Geez, $20 isn't a bad price really. In fact, if it had the bottom wire rack, I would probably grab it.

Definitely good for some useful parts at that price. If you have time and inclination.

So I did a thing…

I joined Facebook- and the marketplace is pretty active

I typed “Weber” and this was the first listing- too bad I don’t want/ need another gas grill

So I did a thing…

I joined Facebook- and the marketplace is pretty active

I typed “Weber” and this was the first listing- too bad I don’t want/ need another gas grill

What a beauty! I need another grill and a 3.5hr ride each way like I need a hole in the head but this is definitely a worthy candidate.

What a beauty! I need another grill and a 3.5hr ride each way like I need a hole in the head but this is definitely a worthy candidate.
Well, Belford NJ is in my back yard, like less than 10 minutes away.

Let me know if you want me to pick it up for you

Well, Belford NJ is in my back yard, like less than 10 minutes away.

Let me know if you want me to pick it up for you.
You don't know how bad I'd like to say "go for it" but I just can't justify the ride. The Durawood shelving and brackets alone are worth the $100 to me.

You don't know how bad I'd like to say "go for it" but I just can't justify the ride. The Durawood shelving and brackets alone are worth the $100 to me.
I contacted the seller just because I would buy it for $100.

Haven’t heard back- maybe because I just joined Facebook today I might look suspect- not sure.

This Facebook marketplace is really extensive.

I got a positive Covid test yesterday so I am hanging out in my basement for the next few days- I have a lot of free time on my hands.

I contacted the seller just because I would buy it for $100.

Haven’t heard back- maybe because I just joined Facebook today I might look suspect- not sure.

This Facebook marketplace is really extensive.

I got a positive Covid test yesterday so I am hanging out in my basement for the next few days- I have a lot of free time on my hands.
FB Marketplace is flooded with Webers up here right now and prices are falling fast. I've picked up 3 freebies this week alone. Lowe's just put their Weber grills on clearance here as well this week so that should prompt some more bargains to come through the pipeline. It's a good time to be a flipper when it comes to acquiring inventory but the down side is having to sit on finished grills until spring when demand and prices at at their peak. That first dump of cash in my lap come April sure feels good though, especially when 6-8 top dollar grills go out the door in a week's time.

Last edited:
Facebook marketplace is really way more extensive than Craigslist.

I have been looking for another b&d workmate, and someone in my neighborhood was selling one for $15.

The guy wasn’t even home- he left it in his driveway for me to checkout.

It’s an original cast aluminum type 2 from the middle 70’s

Aside from being covered in paint, it’s in very good condition for its age.

Probably my next restoration project.

2C6DAFEE-EE1F-44B0-87C7-CBDD1122DBE5.jpeg

I use one for my grill rehabbing. It is disaster but it takes all my abuse and neglect and keeps on going. I did replace to two pressed wood slats with good treated decking boards though. I also welded the frame in place to provide more stability and strength. It looks terrible, but it has been invaluable in my grill rehabbing efforts over the last 5 years.

I use one for my grill rehabbing. It is disaster but it takes all my abuse and neglect and keeps on going. I did replace to two pressed wood slats with good treated decking boards though. I also welded the frame in place to provide more stability and strength. It looks terrible, but it has been invaluable in my grill rehabbing efforts over the last 5 years.
The workmate I am using now was a gift I bought for my dad in the late 70’s. I had after school jobs and I was really proud of myself for buying it for him.

He kept and used it, and my mom gave it back to me after he passed.

I don’t have a garage of shop- all of my tool are stored in a shed I built, so foldable workmates are very useful for the many projects I work on around the house.

Glad to have another one.

Back