I will just leave this here

Thanks Bruce. Thanks Jon. Looks like someone grabbed it. Had been posted for free in Seattle just a few hours ago and now it's gone. Hopefully someone will put it to good use.

When I walked up it was covered...

It had for casters like the 300 series...

But, it's a two burner spirit 210 DE date code, greasy, works had a half full propane tank.

Cast iron grates. Flav bars in fair shape, burners in good condition, zero rust.

Electric igniter didn't work. Cleaned it and replaced the battery works now. Fired it up and it's burning off the grease at 600F.

Not bad shape. This is going to a friend of a friend tomorrow.

Was hoping for something else, but it could have been much worse.20220120_183600.jpg20220120_183612.jpg

Last edited:
It's a cute little two burner. I was expecting cheaper feel. It's not as solid as my E330 but not a bad little gasser.

Damn! I mean that not in a bad way, like damn we don't have that kind of availability around here!
Yeah we seem to have a good crop of decent grills for free or very little $$$

For example this one showed up this morning for $25, and my guess is it will sit for a while. Even the free ones sometimes take a few days to get picked up.

1642793941717.png

OK guys, here is a new one for me. This is in N. Illinois. I don't know if Larry burns any coal, but this could be a cool find for someone that has a kettle and wants to do pizza. Pretty pricey though.

OK guys, here is a new one for me. This is in N. Illinois. I don't know if Larry burns any coal, but this could be a cool find for someone that has a kettle and wants to do pizza. Pretty pricey though.

That looks awesome. Never even saw a picture of one of those or knew they existed.

Yah, it sounds like they are one of those weber products that are only sold over seas. Not sure why Weber does that to us, but they make a lot of cool stuff for the overseas market that I think would sell well in the US if they would offer it.

Here’s a Weber Charcoal Grill that I have never seen before.

Attachments

• ECA8BB88-7F18-452F-94C6-A63C0B7A7990.png
    ECA8BB88-7F18-452F-94C6-A63C0B7A7990.png
    438.8 KB · Views: 18
Yep, that is the CharQ, and that is an OUTRAGEOUS price, in spite of its nice condition. I got mine for something like $35. Nowhere as nice, but it still cooks the same. Someday I will redo it - if I can bring myself to take it out of service.

IMG_1043.jpeg

These are great little charcoal grills. Not meant for low and slow bbq or longer cooks since their charcoal capacity is pretty small. But what a great way to crank out some burgers, dogs, pork chops, chicken strips or even steaks! The first time I used mine to do a sirloin steak and the smell brought back memories of my Dad grilling on a Sunday afternoon on his Hibachi.

Like the gas Q's (this is the same size as a Q 200/2000 series), these are pretty frugal with charcoal. The charcoal fuel teams up with the cast iron to produce some great results.

The CharQ was a flop even though it was an excellent cooker. I think they made it from 2008 to 2011. Probably the high price led most people to conclude that they could do just as well with a Jumbo Joe for a lot less money. Not totally true, but if you can snag one at a realistic price now, you will have something really worthwhile.

The CharQ was a flop even though it was an excellent cooker. I think they made it from 2008 to 2011. Probably the high price led most people to conclude that they could do just as well with a Jumbo Joe for a lot less money. Not totally true, but if you can snag one at a realistic price now, you will have something really worthwhile.
I think the charcoal Go Anywhere, at about a third or a fourth of the price of the CharQ, along with the fact that you can carry the CGA with one hand, just about guaranteed the demise of the CharQ. It's just not practical. The "cool" factor is 'way over the top, though.

Back