I will just leave this here

The genesis 2007-2010 are good grills. They are larger than the older ones. Parts are more expensive but they are available. They are harder to repair and modify than the old ones but certainly not impossible.

Aesthetically they don’t have the distinct look like the old ones have.

I prefer the color models with the porcelain enamel lids over the stainless models.

I did a tape job on the most recent 1000 I rehabbed for a family friend, and it came out great actually. I always stick the screws into cardboard and paint them with the end caps but taping off the lid was easier by a lot than getting those screws out. And I was surprised by how happy I was with the outcome. Plus, the screws end up perfectly painted in place, as opposed to being handled later during reassembly. I really think totally removing the end caps gives you a minor if any advantage over just taping up the lid. There is a gap between the end cap and the porcelain that you can slide newspaper under, so you can spray from the middle of the lid towards the end caps and really clean up that edge.

For my keeper with the maroon lid, I got some stainless Allen screws to replace the originals, and I like the way they look unpainted, so they are like that on the keeper. They easily unscrew due to the hex heads on the screws, which I also like.
The last 4 or 5 rehabs I did a few years ago I taped off the lid and it was so much easier, and I really did not notice any difference in the way it looked. Messing with screws was a PITA.

I always pull off the end caps. I hardly ever have a problem getting the screws out. I much prefer painting a removed end cap that doing all the taping and covering to prevent over spray on the other parts of the grill.
Besides, it is much easier to clean up the lid without the end caps attached IMO.

When I see the name "Electrolux", my first thought is vacuum cleaner. But this thing looks like all stainless and pretty darn substantial.

When I see the name "Electrolux", my first thought is vacuum cleaner. But this thing looks like all stainless and pretty darn substantial.

I used to clean houses in and after college and loved Electrolux vacuums. Very top end.
That does look like a ton of nice quality stainless as there does not appear to be any rust. Maybe a re-badged grill from another company?

Joe, I don't know if it is just a rebrand or if the two companies are even the same or related. But, I am sure someone will have some back ground on the Electrolux grill. Notice that slick slide shelf for the LP tank? That is a bit of "attention to detail" and makes me think this unit isn't just some charbroil wrapped in shiny SS. Nice solid rod SS grates as well.

Joe, I don't know if it is just a rebrand or if the two companies are even the same or related. But, I am sure someone will have some back ground on the Electrolux grill. Notice that slick slide shelf for the LP tank? That is a bit of "attention to detail" and makes me think this unit isn't just some charbroil wrapped in shiny SS. Nice solid rod SS grates as well.
Those were made by a company for them (rebadged) Sure Heat. They're outstanding grills BUT IIRC they're orphaned. They can also be found under the name GE as well

The last 4 or 5 rehabs I did a few years ago I taped off the lid and it was so much easier, and I really did not notice any difference in the way it looked. Messing with screws was a PITA.

I always pull off the end caps. I hardly ever have a problem getting the screws out. I much prefer painting a removed end cap that doing all the taping and covering to prevent over spray on the other parts of the grill.
Besides, it is much easier to clean up the lid without the end caps attached IMO.

Thanks. I'll pull the caps for the ones I'm keeping. I have one I might try to mask as I don't plan to do much more than a touch up.

Listed 3 weeks ago...at least it didn't get snapped up the minute it was listed. At least you had a shot...when they go fast I always feel cheated somehow, even if I wasn't in the market.

Thanks. I'll pull the caps for the ones I'm keeping. I have one I might try to mask as I don't plan to do much more than a touch up.
I don't even mask for flippers. I just take a piece of news paper and tuck it under the end cap and give it a few coats

Back