I will just leave this here

I would like to see the other photos. Can you post a link to the add.

Pretty nice, I think, but NOT as nice as Bruce's! Definitely good deal for someone smart enough to go for a REAL Weber vs. what the same money will buy you in imported tin junk at the big box stores.

I believe that more people in the market for an inexpensive grill need to ask themselves, “what new grill can I buy for $225?” I think the answer is clear, something less than junk. A bonus for the seller is that after a year of neglect the buyer will probably curb it, and the seller could pick it up again for a rehab. Lol

What's the deal with this generation of Genesis grill? They don't seem to get the love of the 1000 series or even the Silvers. Why?

What's the deal with this generation of Genesis grill? They don't seem to get the love of the 1000 series or even the Silvers. Why?

That one is a 2007 through 2010 Genesis S-320.

They cook OK. They hold water inside and the inside lower shelf rusts out.

That particular one looks kind of beat up.

My mom has an E-320 just like it but in Copper. It cooks fine. It takes a while to get hot because it is bigger than a Silver or a 1000, but once hot it cooks well. My Mom's has cast iron grates and its cooked a lot of steaks.20211114_111825.jpg20211114_122650.jpg

That one is a 2007 through 2010 Genesis S-320.

They cook OK. They hold water inside and the inside lower shelf rusts out.

That particular one looks kind of beat up.

My mom has an E-320 just like it but in Copper. It cooks fine. It takes a while to get hot because it is bigger than a Silver or a 1000, but once hot it cooks well. My Mom's has cast iron grates and its cooked a lot of steaks.View attachment 43434View attachment 43435
Thanks Dan. Another "improvement" for the sake of newer/better/different I guess.

To me, it's like comparing a '65 Mustang with a '75 Mustang. All the planets were in alignment for the earlier model but the later model just missed the mark for some reason. Not saying the '75 isn't a good car, it just doesn't have that pizzazz of the earlier version.

As for me, we were camping at a CG at 7800ft altitude once and I cooked some sausage to a crisp. Our kids, now in their 40s, remember that as the best breakfast sausage ever. Maybe they are just being kind, but they are brutally honest with me on other things, so I don't think so...the point is, it doesn't always go as planned when cooking outdoors, but we all learn to make it up as we go along, don't we? Part of the adventure!

Last edited:
I think any decent outdoor cook can cook great food on any genesis and with practice will learn the grill - - - IF they want to.

I used to dislike my moms E320 sidewinder but it was because I expected it to cook like my silver B.

I was up at her house every other day for 2 weeks this fsll and I learned the grill.

Yeah, it's different, but I now know how to work it.

I wouldn't trade my front control E330 for it, but I'm pretty sure I could cook most things just as well on it now. I just prefer the NS plus sear.

I love the look of the vintage Gennies along with a host of other things, but I honestly think, leaving rotisserie out of the equation, that NS burners are the way to go for zone cooking. Not to say zone cooking can't be done on EW burners, it can, just that NS was better designed for it.

Rotisserie cooking is lazy man cooking, IMO, and I'm a lazy man. I get a lot of "good hubby" points from the wife and "kids"for such little effort I should be ashamed, but I'm not! Grilling would be a push, IMO, so EW it is for me.

Last edited:

Back