I will just leave this here

So, is it a one size fits all type thing? Or do they make different ones for specific grill models.

My offerup is confused and keeps showing stuff from Washington state.
You too? I have searches set up and limited to 30 miles from my ZIP code. It always shows me the Seattle results, 250 miles away.

That's not the only issue with that site. Sometimes the sort preferences don't work, and then there are all the ads from 2 years ago they insist on showing. OfferUp is a hot mess and shows little sign of wanting to fix their problems.

I wish a site like that covered my area. But we are too rural. I don't even think it has a lot of following in the more metro areas of Wisconsin.
But a good clean local buy/sell site or app with a large membership would really be nice.

I really think there is a market for it. But FB MP would probably crush any startup.

Last edited:
OfferUp used to be very strong in my South Florida market, but I think it is fading there. Here in central Indiana, they are not gaining much traction. FB Marketplace - despite a lot of flaws - is just too much of a juggernaut. I do not like FBM's search function or much about their review process. There are tons of spurious sellers on there. I have had FB cancel two of my attempted purchases due to "unusual activity" in the seller's account. I don't do purchases by shipping with them now unless I can really tell that the seller is just an individual with a history on Marketplace and the price is realistic.

I like the tank holder idea. Adding both left and right flip out tables would have also been a nice touch.

Thanks Dan.

Yes Bill probably so. I have never heard of a 2 burner Genesis Gold. I think $40 dollars is just about the going rate on these. Some people ask for more only to settle for less. I would like to have that wire rack for my Genesis Platinum though..

I would offer $20. Sounds like it is a mess inside and the average Joe is not going to want to deal with that. One of the burners is probably burried in gunk. LOL

I would offer $20. Sounds like it is a mess inside and the average Joe is not going to want to deal with that. One of the burners is probably burried in gunk. LOL
And closer to 20 years old, which is pretty close to ‘about 10 years old’ lol

Back