I will just leave this here

Yep, there are plenty of items with the Weber name. They made Weber Boilers here in Wisconsin. I have seen CL adds for the Weber Carbs before as well.

I think a very interesting thing is that George Stephen :george:, the founder of Weber, chose to use the name of the better known (at the time) metal works company he worked at rather than his own. I wonder if there would have been as much charm and mystique if it had been a “Stephen Kettle” or “Stephen Genesis” grill?

I think a very interesting thing is that George Stephen :george:, the founder of Weber, chose to use the name of the better known (at the time) metal works company he worked at rather than his own. I wonder if there would have been as much charm and mystique if it had been a “Stephen Kettle” or “Stephen Genesis” grill?
Well, as I understand it, Weber was the company that the Stephen family bought and the Weber company had the contract for making the buoys that the first kettle was made from, after George's outdoor kitchen failed (which still survives to this day, BTW)...I think this was a personal project for George (a "G" job, like the luggage carrier I made "on the clock" for my supervisor's camper decades ago). George's "Home Run" succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams, but if it would have bombed there would be no blowback on the Stephen name...similar to what Weber did many years later with the Ducane brand that they bought.

Last edited:
Yep, there are plenty of items with the Weber name. They made Weber Boilers here in Wisconsin. I have seen CL adds for the Weber Carbs before as well.
Weber has been a LOOOOONG time name in carbs and fuel systems long before there were Weber grills and such. Long time Italian company

and
credit: above taken from ->

and
credit: above taken from ->
That's one comprehensive list.

Back