I will just leave this here

I picked up the 1998 NG platinum today. Price came down as we predicted. It is a 13 bar cook box. Internals in decent shape.

If I can easily add a propane hanger I'll use this frame for the blue 1990 genesis 3. Otherwise I'll repair the other frame and move the durawood to the Gen 3.

20211016_160028.jpg

Last edited:
Allright, that's a winner! The tank support on those is held on with one nut and bolt, easy. The tank scale is held on to that with two wing nuts, also easy.

Yep, that is amazing. Even worse is when they have a Charbroil grill with the name clearly on the front but they call it a Weber grill.

Webber and Performance are two of the biggest screw ups I see on adds with Weber grills
Yeah, and don't forget those brilliant "Genius" grills! :LOL:

Allright, that's a winner! The tank support on those is held on with one nut and bolt, easy. The tank scale is held on to that with two wing nuts, also easy.

And I'll need to find a decal :D

Thanks. I just looked at it. It is an easier switch than I thought on the older frames. The 98 frame has the slots in the upper cross member to hold the tank support so that will be easy. But, the tank support interferes with the right hand table slide so that's a bummer.

It's very tight, but I think you can make it work to have both the tank scale and the right side table. I sell replica decals very reasonably if you need help with that.

I added a RH swing table to my 98 1200LX and like Jon says, it's a close fit but it works well without interfering with anything. Here's a picture of one (not mine)...

RH Table.jpg

Thanks guys. I had to remove the slide brace and then getting the vertical tank support took a little influencing with a mallet.

I sell replica decals very reasonably if you need help with that.
Can you PM me please. I think I'll need a decal or two.

edit: and thanks for letting me know that it was you who had the decals. I saw someone had them and it saved me time trying to remember who.

Last edited:
Chris, one thing you missed is that grill most likely started out life as a SKYLINE. It has the unique condiment basket on the right side in front of the control panel. I suppose what happened is the Skyline lid got damaged and they swapped in the red Silver B lid to replace it.

I picked up a Skyline for $20 yesterday. Frame is probably shot, but I have more. Most importantly, the wire condiment basket was there and the lid "might" be in good shape. I have to give it a quick clean up to see if it has the weber fade or not.
I scored a CharQ for $30 as well. It looks like the paint on the lid is in good shape. Not too sure about the cooking grates and charcoal basket though....I did not look too close.

Chris, one thing you missed is that grill most likely started out life as a SKYLINE. It has the unique condiment basket on the right side in front of the control panel. I suppose what happened is the Skyline lid got damaged and they swapped in the red Silver B lid to replace it.
It was definitely a mishmash of parts. It also had the regular stainless tool hooks on it in addition to the skyline basket. I'm sure that one had an interesting story to tell.

Is there an easy repair when the bent piece of steel pulls out from the side table frame extensions on a 2002 Genesis Gold?

It looks like a spot weld on the inside that rusted away. The left side table was wobbly so I pulled it out to assess.

I don't want to to invest much time with this frame. If I can make it work I might try to flip it.

otherwise the intent of getting it was as a parts grill as I'm missing some thermoset for my silver Bs.

The center section of the frame is solid so it may be the foundation for building a BBQ table / cart.

20211019_094318.jpg
Here is the rest of the grill.

20211015_214805.jpg

Last edited:
DanHoo,
I have used a metal screw with the type of flat head that allows it to in far enough to be smooth across the top. Just drill the right hole and use that type of screw to secure the piece back to the frame tube extension.

Back