I will just leave this here

I had two of those extensions broken on the LH side of my Silver when I picked it up. The PO had used a self-tapping screw on the inside of the extension to repair it but with only 1 screw it was still free to rotate so the LH table still had the dropsies. You can use 2 or more screws to eliminate that problem, just check the table clearance to make sure the screw heads clear.

Those extensions are commonly broken when you try to move the grill by lifting it up by the handle. I replaced mine with those from a donor grill. I believe they are interchangeable in an X-pattern on a C (LF-RR, LR-RF) (same p/n as I remember, but it's been a while). A plug weld or two would do nicely, too, if you have a friend.

20211019_120842.jpg20211019_121057.jpg
20211019_120906.jpg

Suggested repair:

20211019_152418.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the part you need? If so I have one and you can have it for free if you want to pay for shipping from VA.
200641044_10159200089520761_3764325481600620079_n.jpg

Bruce, I have a question for you. I know the graphics are different, but is the control panel from a silver b compatible with a genesis x000 ?
They are different. The valves are spaced differently, and there might be another difference too.

Bruce educated me on this a couple months ago.

Here's a Pic

edit: control panel on the left is from a 2000 Silver B Pick on the right is from ( approx ) a 98 Genesis 1000.

20210725_170449.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the part you need? If so I have one and you can have it for free if you want to pay for shipping from VA.

Hey Joe, thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure this grill is worth the cost of shipping at this time.

I think he needs both...The lower one in his picture is put together wrong (the hole for the end cap should be on the same side as the threaded part of the connector), either that, or his is different than mine.

They may be different left to right / front to back. I had to remove the frame extensions when I picked up the grill so it would fit in my SUV. I might not have gotten all of the ends back in the right place.

There is a slot that belongs on the underside for the end cap, and that's what determines the location. Bolts on the inside, slots on the bottom.

Silver.png

Last edited:
I guess I should add the rest of my thoughts on the gold frame.

I think I'm going to use it for my BBQ table / cart. I was planning to use a Silver B frame, and build something like the link below but I think the gold frame without the extensions will work better for me.

The center part of a Gold Frame is about 40 inches with a 36 inch lower shelf.
A Silver B frame is about 48 inches wide, and the lower shelf is about 26 inches.
So I'll get a bit more storage below and a little less on top in a smaller space which is good for me.

I also need the thermoset tables on two Silver B's that are missing them right now.

So it might look something like this when I'm done.

You have to look close, but I do see the difference in the hole spacing.
I just measured.
The Gen 3 control panel ( same as 1000 ) is 13 inches, center of the top to center of the bottom hole for the valve.

Silver B is 12 5/16

I also see different graphics between 2000 silver and 2002 silver or gold manifolds.

Looks like the valves changed on the 2002 and they have more rotation. About 270 degrees from Off to Low.
the 2000 silver's and the Genesis 3 and 100 have about 200 degrees of rotation.

Looks like I'll have to keep the control panels sorted to match the manifolds too.

edit: here's a pic of a 2002 DU year code silver B note the location of "LOW"
20211019_170233.jpg

Last edited:
I just measured.
The Gen 3 control panel ( same as 1000 ) is 13 inches, center of the top to center of the bottom hole for the valve.

Silver B is 12 5/16

I also see different graphics between 2000 silver and 2002 silver or gold manifolds.

Looks like the valves changed on the 2002 and they have more rotation. About 270 degrees from Off to Low.
the 2000 silver's and the Genesis 3 and 100 have about 200 degrees of rotation.

Looks like I'll have to keep the control panels sorted to match the manifolds too.

edit: here's a pic of a 2002 DU year code silver B note the location of "LOW"
View attachment 39320
Yeah, so you even have to be careful to have the right control panel for your silver b. They aren't even all interchangeable. Interesting.

Yeah, so you even have to be careful to have the right control panel for your silver b. They aren't even all interchangeable. Interesting.

I didn't notice they were different until today. The other thing is, valves on the 2002 turn much easier and smoother than the valves on my 2000 or the older genesis valves.

It might be age, or might be the type of the valve.

I don't have a large sample size to base this on, but the 2002 manifolds are square, where the 2000 manifolds, and the manifolds from my 1000 and Gen 3 are round.

edit: here's a pic of a 2002 Silver B (DU) manifold on the left, and a 2000 (DD) on the right. I used the newer one when rebuilding my Silver B this spring.

20210605_145748.jpg

I believe they are interchangeable on Silver B grills. However, the lettering and design on the panel may change a bit. But they should all fit from one to the other.

Back