I will just leave this here

Jon, you are probably correct. It was on the left side..... The condiment basket may be in the "spare parts" pile too.

Last edited:
Jon: I wish your cart frame was Stainless as well. That grill otherwise screams "High Class".
That would be an ultimate for sure. I will say that the steel frame is extra thick and held up for over 20 years, some of which was spent in passive neglect in Larry's front yard and then in my back yard.

BEFORE Brought Home.jpeg
Summit covered with ice.jpeg

Very little rust on the frame, in spite of all that time and for part of it not always the best treatment. I am hoping the rust remediation and repainting I did will buy me the continued use of this cool old grill for as long as I will be grilling!

Yah, it is probably similar to the Platinum Genesis I took apart last week. The frame is beefy and it was very clean. Only a couple tiny spots where the cook box rested on the frame was there any rust at all.

Yeah I gotta give it kudos for a very sturdy frame build. I just noticed the other day my Genesis has a lot more frame "rot" that I had thought. I honestly thought it was only on the upper crossmember by the firebox. But, lower crossmembers from left to right, are in bad shape as well as a few other places. So not sure how I will proceed on it. I guess since I don't use it a lot anymore, I could tear it down, source some steel, maybe piece in that upper cossmember and hire someone to weld it in, and then find those "inserts" to bolt it all back together. Then do a mild (functional) resto. I have to see how time shakes out. I got stuff pulling me in so many directions. I will lay odds if I pull it apart, that's how it will stay. And it'll be like that old Ford on blocks and saying "yep it needs some frame work and welding but, I'm gonna fix it up some day"

I think this is the first free one I've seen in WI so far this year (although I don't keep my eyes peeled very often). Nothing too special except for the price. In case anyone in the Milwaukee area was looking.

1681871002038.png

Marketplace Link

Yah steve, you probably are. If I was desperate for a rehab grill right now, I would probably set up a pickup and try to find one or two more in the metro area to grab as well. But, I have a host of other commitments as well as a few grills currently in the pipeline.

Back