I will just leave this here

Man GWaye that is a steal. I would be all over that. Unfortunately we never see Skylines in Texas. They must be a regional thing. I wish I could get one of those condiment racks for my "Genny".

202834375_10219752567513474_1952092493446095220_n (1).jpg

Last edited:
If I was into the rehab game (or knew someone that was), I would gladly pick it up and pay for the rehab. Just don't have the time/space to do it. They're about an hour from my house. Takers?

Unfortunately we never see Skylines in Texas. They must be a regional thing.

What is the history behind the Skyline series?

I recently found one in Central Massachusetts, a freebie. Nice condition, has the condiment rack. Haven't started cleaning it up as yet, but will before the summer is over.

If anyone has the condiment rack plus hardware they want to sell let me know. I would pay for it plus shipping.

That grill looks like it has the Weber Fade really bad, but still a great find.
The Skyline represents the Chicago Skyline. Weber is based near Chicago and from what I know, the grills were only sold in Sears stores at the time which is clearly a Chicago company with the Sears Tower being part of the Chicago Skyline.

What are all of the hardware parts for the Condiment rack. I see the the end cap is needed what else. How does the end cap come off.

The Skyline represents the Chicago Skyline. Weber is based near Chicago and from what I know, the grills were only sold in Sears stores at the time which is clearly a Chicago company with the Sears Tower being part of the Chicago Skyline.

Ahhh...OK. But they were still sold nationwide through Sears outlets?

We don't see a lot of these in New England. When I picked up the grill I tried to contact the original owner (it's a one owner grill) to see if I could find out where it was purchased.

What are all of the hardware parts for the Condiment rack. I see the the end cap is needed what else. How does the end cap come off.

All you need is the condiment rack and the end cap. The end cap is the same as on the other end of the grill that holds the swing table in place.

We don't see a lot of these in New England. When I picked up the grill I tried to contact the original owner (it's a one owner grill) to see if I could find out where it was purchased.
No, these were only sold for one or two years back it the late 1990's. 1998-1999 or something like that. That is what makes them so unique.

You picked up the Grill that was posted? Was the Condiment rack on it

Man GWaye that is a steal. I would be all over that. Unfortunately we never see Skylines in Texas. They must be a regional thing. I wish I could get one of those condiment racks for my "Genny".

View attachment 31654
Not completely true. I found a Skyline in the DFW area some time ago but I already sold it last year. I should have kept the condiment rack and sold it here in the forum. Not sure the new owner really appreciates the rarity.

Attachments

• Skyline.jpg
    Skyline.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 12
I think not many people know the difference between the various Weber models (Silver vs Gold vs Platinum). People are probably not touching it because it is dirty. On top of that these old style Weber grills have become hard to sell here in the DFW area. This is why I stopped restoring.

JBaker, I had quite a few in Central New England over the last few years. Most are pretty worn out with faded lids.

I wonder if they were sold at Spag’s?

Back