I will just leave this here

Man..... those just don't appear in South Carolina. None do. If I was closer, I'd pay you Bruce to bring this back to life and pick it up. Guess I'll just continue to be patient. One will pop up sooner or later. Being a Kentucky Wildcat alum, the blue is just the right color :cool:

Man..... those just don't appear in South Carolina. None do. If I was closer, I'd pay you Bruce to bring this back to life and pick it up. Guess I'll just continue to be patient. One will pop up sooner or later. Being a Kentucky Wildcat alum, the blue is just the right color :cool:

What part of SC are you in?

I'm in Charleston. My in-laws are Columbia and my parents in Aiken area. We are also up in Greenville/Clemson often.

I helped my Father-in-law pick up a beautiful 13 bar red head a few months ago for $50 and I know of a flipper in the Augusta, Ga area that occasionally puts up a nice find on FB.

I've never seen a Blue or a Skyline in my 4 years of restoring. I wonder if it was a regional thing. Mostly Red, Black, and Green tops here, with the rare Platinum (that I always try to buy immediately).

What part of SC are you in?

I'm in Charleston. My in-laws are Columbia and my parents in Aiken area. We are also up in Greenville/Clemson often.

I helped my Father-in-law pick up a beautiful 13 bar red head a few months ago for $50 and I know of a flipper in the Augusta, Ga area that occasionally puts up a nice find on FB.

I've never seen a Blue or a Skyline in my 4 years of restoring. I wonder if it was a regional thing. Mostly Red, Black, and Green tops here, with the rare Platinum (that I always try to buy immediately).
Just outside of Greenville - Simpsonville. I think I know about that dude in Augusta as he just had a beautiful redhead that he restored and sold for $300. I haven't even seen a Platinum anywhere around in the 6 months I've been searching.

Just outside of Greenville - Simpsonville. I think I know about that dude in Augusta as he just had a beautiful redhead that he restored and sold for $300. I haven't even seen a Platinum anywhere around in the 6 months I've been searching.
If you have sold anything up that way, I may have messaged you on FB to compliment the work. Someone up that way sold a red head with some custom plywood shelves a while back.

Yea, that red head was nice. He said he has a stockpile that he works from, but resisted sharing anything with me.

I bought a Genesis Platinum down here about 3 years ago and just finished combining it with a stainless Summit frame a few months ago. I still have the Platinum frame and am looking for a donor grill with a trashed frame to upgrade it into. Might hold out for a deep box.

Other than that one, I have seen 2 down here. 1 sold and the other went to the scrap yard :eek:

OK gurus, can I pick your brains?

Just picked up an older Weber, east-west, deep box, 13 flavorizer. Cast iron grills. Wood slats on left, wire cage below. Older style propane hookup. Swing table is held in position by manually inserting a rod into the frame.

Flavorizers are steel, not porcelain covered. Grills look to be raw cast iron, not covered (will be looking at those more closely later in the week). Swing table needs to be unscrewed to be able to get it off the rod.

Found the model #, serial # etc under the knob side. Weber site was not helpful in determining age.

Model 210000
Serial # KL1 231XX
35,000 BTU
3@11.667

This grill is in excellent shape. Frame is solid. Grill box and hood ends will need cleaning / paint. Grill box is level straight, no appearance of wild fires, burnouts, etc. Burners look to have been replaced recent, within last 10 years or so. Z bars, grease catch in excellent condition.IMG_20210624_110755453.jpg

Purchased from I was told the original owner. He could not remember when purchased, said maybe 15 years ago. This looks much older, or else it was a base model. It was advertised on Craigslist as a "Spirit".

Looks to be 95% original.

I'll get a thread going for it when I get into the rehab, but if anybody could help with determining the exact model, year etc I would be most appreciative.

Many thanks in advance.

I have a KL1 grill as well. It was 1993 and I think it was the only year that they used that SN pattern. It is a Genesis 1000

JBaker: Read down to "1993" in this article to find info about your grill: https://tvwbb.com/threads/deciphering-old-weber-gas-grill-serial-numbers.70576/
Thanks. I searched for this info on the site, this didn't turn up. My skills are lacking.

So, If I understand correctly, the grill is a baseline Genesis from 1993. What's nice is that it is 96% complete, just missing the warming grid.

Another quick question: Do I replace the LP hose and regulator with new, so as to mate to the newer tanks? Or is it better to have an adapter to go from new tank to old hose?

Can anyone tell me if they made those platinum grills in the smaller frame factor without the right side extra shelf or the side burner? Or are they all the long frame?

Back