I will just leave this here

This is the first worthwhile restoration candidate I have seen in months:
And maybe that one:
Most other ones have always been at around $100 or way way more.

But although I stopped getting gas grills I could not resist that one:

Attachments

• Simpsons 1.jpg
    Simpsons 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 9
Those 2 are sad. Since I don't have a parts depot it would cost me way too much to bring the first back to usable and the second is the cost I charge for a restored one. I do LOVE the yellow simpsons baby Joe. It is sooo cute! Did you buy that or make it?

Those 2 are sad. Since I don't have a parts depot it would cost me way too much to bring the first back to usable and the second is the cost I charge for a restored one. I do LOVE the yellow simpsons baby Joe. It is sooo cute! Did you buy that or make it?
Oops. My bad. I just looked at the headline where it said $60 for a Weber grill. This is the max I would spent.
But I did restore one like the first one. But in average I made 1 from 2 grills. I did accumulate a bunch of parts with spare grills. So whenever I found an old grill for free or even for $20 to $30 I would grab it. Just for parts. But since last year these cheap grill seem to have disappeared.
I bought the Smokey Joe. A few few years ago Weber brought out a Special edition for the 10th anniversery of the Simpsons. They came out with a yellow 22" and yellow Smokey Joe. The 22" in new condition can go for several hundred dollars. Some collectors pay crazy prices for rare kettles.

Yes I have seen that one. There are a few nut cases out there. Like this Smokey Joe for $900.

People don't even buy the ones listed for around $200. They are rare but not that rare.

I don't know what people are thinking when it comes to trying to sell their grill.

Yah, I get a chuckle out of the adds for grills nearly daily. Sometimes I laugh over and over at the same add because the grills are sure not to sell the way they advertise them.

Didn't even bother to clean the leaves out from inside the grill 😀
I would buy that in a heart beat, if it were close and flip it. I would offer him $50 but even at $70, the parts look in nice shape. I could get $180 with about 2-3 hours of work.

t0sG1c6.jpg

Looks like a great rehab candidate. As long as parts are all present and in good working order, that would be a nice one.

Back