I waited them out at Lowe’s

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
When others posted about Lowe’s having some significant markdowns on Weber items, I went and checked things out, finding some great deals. They had Weber Hickory pellets marked down to $8.07. I bought one, but passed on the Weber Grill Master blend - one of my absolute favorites so far - because they were only marked down to $11.07.

I had to go to Lowe’s today and look what I found:
99A5AD8E-5EB9-4258-8380-A44CEB14674A.jpeg

$8.97 - not $8.07, but I bought two - waiting worked out!

Of your Lowe’s didn’t have as deep markdowns previously, you might go back and look again.

Big fan of the grillmaster blend as well. Picked up some for $10 a few weeks ago. I also grabbed some more Kingsford charcoal bins, they hold 40 pounds of pellets nicely. Be interesting to see how they hold up in the bins.

Nice find Jon. I saw some clearance prices on food grates and covers the other day at Lowe’s that were tempting for some projects but didn’t pull the trigger. I may go back.

My #1 source for pellets is Rural King which carries quite a few Lumberjack pellet flavors for less than $9 for a 20lb bag.

Weber Grill Master is the only blend that actually provoked a positive reaction from my wife who generally does not like smoke of any kind.

I went looking for these specifically yesterday. Still $14.88 at my local Lowes.
I passed. Good old reliable Lumber Jack are still $9.00 right down the street.

Picked up a couple more bags at Lowes. Had to come home and rearrange the garage. Hahahah! Wife rolled her eyes.

Down to $5 at some Lowes. Not sure where it was posted on another site. Uh oh, HONEY, I shrunk the garage!
I shrunk mine down when I bought 23 bags of Weber Charcoal a few years ago at 4.10 a bag would have bought more but wiped my local HD's out. Sadly down to about 10.

Down to $5 at some Lowes. Not sure where it was posted on another site. Uh oh, HONEY, I shrunk the garage!
Grab ‘‘em while you can, Bruno. I don’t think you will see Weber pellets at Lowe’s next season😟. I hope they don’t disappear entirely like the Weber charcoal.

Grab ‘‘em while you can, Bruno. I don’t think you will see Weber pellets at Lowe’s next season😟. I hope they don’t disappear entirely like the Weber charcoal.
Seems incredibly unlikely too me. I’m sure Weber charcoal was great stuff, but Weber doesn’t recommend only using it on kettles. Remember Weber clearly recommends only SmokeFire pellets. Personally I can used to them going on sale every winter.
My Lowes had a heck of a nice BBQ section but it’s been cut back big time by the Christmas section.

I sure hope you are right, Bruno. Selling off pellets almost certainly below cost doesn’t seem to bode well for them to be back on the shelf again next spring. That, and stuff like the SmokeFire covers also marked WAY down, worries me. I want to see the SmokeFire succeed.

I sure hope you are right, Bruno. Selling off pellets almost certainly below cost doesn’t seem to bode well for them to be back on the shelf again next spring. That, and stuff like the SmokeFire covers also marked WAY down, worries me. I want to see the SmokeFire succeed.
It was the same way last year. Guess we will have to wait and see. I’m predicting Weber keeps the pellets going. SmokeFire was not the greatest launch ever but I can’t see them giving up on pellets this early. HUGE growing market and the Grillmaster pellets from what I can tell have really impressed just about most people.

Back