I think I might have a problem!

Jeff Canto

TVWBB Member
I went from not owning a gasser for the last ten years to now owning four in one week. Two I picked up for $20 one for $30 and a beautiful red head I’m already using. I guess I better learn to restore these things. Love me some Weber!

Attachments

• 5AF358CA-2FB9-4A24-B777-2F55D4728591.png
    5AF358CA-2FB9-4A24-B777-2F55D4728591.png
    512.8 KB · Views: 19
I quite flipping grills about two years ago and it was tuff to do but all I could find were grills down in Phoenix and that's a 200+ round trip and in the summer it's well over 100*, had to say enough. But to this and every day I get on CL to see what's out there but up here nothing not one old genesis in the last two years.

Rich, You need to save your time for doing something with that super early version brownie Genesis when the weather gets better! I am one to talk, since my project is still in pieces, but after I move I am hoping my life will be slower with more time for grill restoration.

Attachments

• 4E7615DE-881E-4450-9712-7F16EA707C99.jpeg
    4E7615DE-881E-4450-9712-7F16EA707C99.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 14
  • A733EA03-BFB4-48FB-9B84-A9B289E419A2.png
    A733EA03-BFB4-48FB-9B84-A9B289E419A2.png
    512.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 7F8F9F93-D44C-400B-A5BC-5C170BA1FC30.png
    7F8F9F93-D44C-400B-A5BC-5C170BA1FC30.png
    759.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 28A9BDC9-962C-49F9-BBF6-26FDC47BABC2.png
    28A9BDC9-962C-49F9-BBF6-26FDC47BABC2.png
    696.8 KB · Views: 13
Well, Jon T, down there in FL was mentioning that everything on FB MP was selling fast even during the Carona Lock Down. I guess we know who isn't self isolating down there. hahahaha.

Good deals though.

The first picture, the one with the grill in front of the car has an old style wheel on the left side. The old ones didn't have caster wheels on the left side, so that one might be an oldie with newer parts added on during it's life.

And the wheel on the right side looks like the old style with the white part missing. So that might be older too, but i don't know if the narrow wood slats jive with the old wheels. Does that grill lid have provisions for the swinging rack in the lid?

Well, Jon T, down there in FL was mentioning that everything on FB MP was selling fast even during the Carona Lock Down. I guess we know who isn't self isolating down there. hahahaha.

Good deals though.
I’m still self isolating. No stops between pickups I wear gloves at every place I stop and don’t get close to anyone.

And the wheel on the right side looks like the old style with the white part missing. So that might be older too, but i don't know if the narrow wood slats jive with the old wheels. Does that grill lid have provisions for the swinging rack in the lid?
I’m new at this. I thought the wheels were just an add on. There’s no bar for the shelf arm to hold on to. I figured it was just missing. I don’t know how to date them.

Good deals though.
I think people are just cleaning out and getting rid of stuff. I got one red with extra burner free, one for $30 and the other two for $20. seems pretty cheap.

I’m new at this. I thought the wheels were just an add on. There’s no bar for the shelf arm to hold on to. I figured it was just missing. I don’t know how to date them.
I'm not talking about the shelf. On the "newer" redheads there is a swinging rack inside the lid that you can put stuff on like potatoes to keep them warm. That started being included in the early '90s or so. Those lids had provisions for the rack in the sides of the lid. The really early Genesis lids didn't have any provisions for that rack.

Gerry

The first one is mid 80's to 1993. The second one is 1996-1999, the third one is 1993 to 1995 and the last one is 2000-2004. Those dates are not set in stone, but fairly close, I believe.
If you can find the data sticker on them, it will give approximate if not exact dates of manufacture based of the first two three characters in the serial number.
The serial number stickers can be on the ends of the control panel (sometimes between it and the handle on the end. Some can be on the bottom of the control panel and some can be on the frame on the right side.

Back