I think I did good...

KevinG

TVWBB Member
Last night my wife and I were watching some TV, when she hands me her phone and says, "this is cool..right?". I tell her yes...very cool, its a Weber smoker the one Weber product line not represented in our backyard. She asks me, "do you want it? its 40 bucks". At this point we're running to the car. Only saw one photo, no idea if it was the 14 or 18 inch...

40 minutes later we're home with our $40 "DU" code 18.5in WSM! Looks to me like all its needs is a good scrub, plus the lower and charcoal grates. My wife is awesome.

I thought we were done acquiring Webers after we rehabbed a Genesis, I said we were done after we landed a free Performer, I'm actually fairly confident we're done now! Can't wait to put this thing to good use.

WSM by Kevin Gray, on Flickr

@Kevin
"I'm actually fairly confident we're done now!"

Thanks for the laugh!
Congrats on your steal of a deal!

Very nice and lucky find. I cannot find anything like that within Canada. Few and far between for sure when I look around.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to check my local Ace Hardware for the grates, othwise I'll put a call into Weber. I see some scrubbing and reading ahead this weekend...a request for pulled pork in the near future has been made. My pulled pork was pretty good when I made it on Memorial Day (on the Performer with a smokenator), but I can't wait to try it on this.

I'd say you did better than good. I had to laugh... I don't think I would have imagined "Do you want it?" and "it's 40 bucks" applied at the same time to a WSM. Congratulations to your wife on a great find - you owe her one (at least). :)

Congrats on a great find. And by the way, I would bet there are more Weber's in your future. It's contagious. Just don't tell your wife yet. Enjoy!!!

Back