I may have smoked my last rack of ribs...

The webers on my patio out number the BGE 4 to 1, however I'll always use the one best suited for the job. If I was cooking 3x more I'd have used the WSK.

We had boneless CSR quite a bit when I was a kid. My parents were very cheapfrugal so when CSR went on sale, look out. It was one of the few meals my mother cooked that was decent. Braised in Open Pit sauce in a pyrex and grilled over propane and lava rocks. Usually served with Minute Rice and frozen broccoli heated in the microwave. I haven't had CSR since. Perhaps I need to change that.

I love CSR, baby backs and St Louis ribs but think the CSR is more versatile and a real satisfying meal for a little less work.

These went into a baking dish for 45 mins at 300F pit temp, then I pulled them off and opened the foil to let a little steam escape then into the cooler.

20231028_175540.jpg

The Omaha steak cooler comes in handy.

20231028_175740.jpg

Dan,

That is great looking cook, that rub puts on a great color, I have never tried the baking dish idea, but i will soon. I have served these, and also pork steaks for a dinner party and people are amazed at the texture, and flavor of the meat, Gives a whole new meaning to the word "PORK".

love your plate shot simple but with several different tastes and textures, perfect.

Those CSR’s were my dads favorite. His goto seasoning called for soaking overnight in apple cider vinegar, onions, bell peppers, w-sauce and a few other items. Then he’d throw ‘em on the barrel grill for good ol’ fashioned grill marks then indirect to cook through. Good stuff!

I love them , last ones I smoked and took a nap to long and over cooked, also it life happens crockpot and sauerkraut is pretty dang good too.

Back