I guess this is what it is coming to...

We have Ace up here, but they really don't seem to offer much more than any other retailer as far as weber goes. I think the stores up here are probably a bit smaller as well.

Hardware stores are literally non existent around here. The one I bought the Summit at went out of business suddenly not long after I got it. They're dropping like flies. People blame big box stores and I call BS. I ALWAYS tried to shop at the smaller stores because prices were not much different, service was better and so on. But they're off the beaten path or in out of the way locations so inevitably they don't get utilized

Shoot, I still have 2 separate hardware stores in a town of about 4,000 people. 2 years ago, there were 3. Unfortunately, one seems to almost be more one for housewares than a hardware store, but I have occasionally ended up there to find an obscure item. The local Ace seems to do pretty well. Speaking of that, I do need to get some more charcoal..... may see if the owner is in and chat him up about Webers again. He carries both Weber & Traeger, but more Traeger these days.

Hardware stores are literally non existent around here. The one I bought the Summit at went out of business suddenly not long after I got it. They're dropping like flies. People blame big box stores and I call BS. I ALWAYS tried to shop at the smaller stores because prices were not much different, service was better and so on. But they're off the beaten path or in out of the way locations so inevitably they don't get utilized

I thought Rockford was the Fastener Capital of the World? All that hardware and no place to buy it?

Last edited:
If you buy a Genesis at Ace they are the EP-310 rather than just the E-310 that Lowe’s and HD sell. The ones at Ace have the Special Edition badge and come with Stainless Steel grates and flavors bars. Even for the black and other colored lids.
That’s why they cost a little more. I’d go there if I was in the market for a new grill and if price wasn’t an issue

When you sell your grills. Do you list on Craigslist or also on other sites?

Does that mean I can get more for my rehabs?
t0sG1c6.jpg

CL and Facebook Marketplace. There are others like Offerup.com and letgo.com but there are not enough members in my area. They are much better in populated areas.

I thought Rockford was the Fastener Capital of the World? All that hardware and no place to buy it?

Pretty much all the fastener companies went out of business. Rockford is pretty much a wasteland IMO. In the top 10 most dangerous cities as well according to the FBI. They do such idiotic things. A company will come here and set up shop. Recently one called HH Gregg. (similar to Best Buy but with a horrid attitude). Anyway they build a whole new store yet not more than 3/4 mile away in an already established center is a defunct Circuit City. Now both are vacant. We have entire strip malls vacant yet they build new ones. It's one of the most backwards cities I have ever seen

There is Fastenal where I live but these are few and far between
If you need any type of screw or bolt they got them. They are not open in weekends that is an issue for my projects.

Last edited:
I think I just purchased the last living Spirit II E-210 Natural Gas Grill today at Lowes in San Bernardino, CA. The Spirit ll E-210s natural gas models disappeared off all the online stores in the last few days and now all of the big box stores are saying "out of stock". Has Weber discontinued their 210 natural gas models? Also, I couldn't find any U.S.A. E-210 manuals or docs on the Weber site today. France, yes. U.S. no.

I think I just purchased the last living Spirit II E-210 Natural Gas Grill today at Lowes in San Bernardino, CA. The Spirit ll E-210s natural gas models disappeared off all the online stores in the last few days and now all of the big box stores are saying "out of stock". Has Weber discontinued their 210 natural gas models? Also, I couldn't find any U.S.A. E-210 manuals or docs on the Weber site today. France, yes. U.S. no.

Sue,
If you register your newly purchased grill on Weber.com you will be able to view all the manuals related to that model.

Back