I found my Platinum C!

When I went to put the side burner back on, I couldn’t get the quick connect to latch. After an hour of wrestling with it, i tried pulling the o-ring off the male connector. It still wasn’t easy, but I did finally get the collar to snap in place. A leak check came out okay, which makes me wonder - is the o-ring just there as an extra layer of protection? I know that some o-ring materials can swell when exposed to hydrocarbons for a long time, so if it is needed, I’ll probably try a new one and see if that helps my situation.

Lee, I would not run the grill with out the oring. I am surprised there was no leak.

The Silver C I just sold had no oring and no leaks but my Platinum C does have an oring. This concerns me...

anyone know of the size of the oring?

They could be different types of quick connects. One may have the o-ring or other gasket in the female side.

If worse comes to worse, I figure I can just pull the female QC fitting out of the manifold and replace the whole assembly all the way over to the inlet of the side burner. I found a whole lot of discussions and videos on RV fora on the topic of quick connects being, let’s say, temperamental. It’s not like I’m going to be pulling the side burner more than maybe once or twice a year, but I’d still like to be able to get a trustworthy connection without the frustration I experienced today.

Back