I don't like to call it hoarding..

Jeff J

TVWBB Member
I think of it more as "Value Based Consumerism". Cleaned up the garage before it get's cold here in Ohio, and got all my charcoal organized and accessible. 26 bags of Kingsford and 34 bags of Cowboy. All were purchased at deep discounts, and I should be all set until next summer.

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0709.jpg

IMAG0708.jpg

now I know where to go when I run out of charcoal this winter. Wish I had a space where I could store charcoal like that! Always think I am not buying enough when I do get it on sale!

And I thought I was a little excessive with six bags of K-Comp sitting in my garage...

I'm really curious to see how it goes this winter when it comes to finding charcoal at stores. I just picked up charcoal grilling/smoking in the spring, so I've never paid attention in the past.

And I thought I was a little excessive with six bags of K-Comp sitting in my garage...

I'm really curious to see how it goes this winter when it comes to finding charcoal at stores. I just picked up charcoal grilling/smoking in the spring, so I've never paid attention in the past.

I'm with you Matt! I've always stocked up when the twin packs go on sale around Memorial Day, and this year I thought I was over doing it when I bought 4 packs (total of 160 lbs) especially considering I already had 30 lbs at the house! But here it is just under 4 months later and I'm wishing I had bought 3 times as much!

Oh well, you better believe I'll be keeping an eye out and monitoring the availability of charcoal all fall/winter/spring. With any luck there will be enough supply to satisfy our addiction.

Oh well, you better believe I'll be keeping an eye out and monitoring the availability of charcoal all fall/winter/spring. With any luck there will be enough supply to satisfy our addiction.

My hope would be that one of the big box stores would at least have some sort of supply of KBB in stock throughout the winter.

My hope would be that one of the big box stores would at least have some sort of supply of KBB in stock throughout the winter.

I have always been able to find it in limited quantities in the winter months at Walmart and Lowes. Havn't checked Home Depot. Usually its stuffed back in the garden center behind the christmas decorations.

Some lowes managers in NJ told me they will stock Stubbs. I didnt ask about anything else.

You make me want to go buy more Cowboy, which is on clearance at depot...

Back