Howdy

Carl Meyer

New member,
I received my Smokey mountain for Christmas. Pictured is the WSM beside my old Meco 2-n-1 smoker. I am hoping to have much better temperature control and longer smoke times with the WSM.
First things besides using it, I am thinking to add the second charcoal grate in the bottom and figure out a method to move it. Thankfully it can stay in my garage but the garage is 100ft from where I smoke. You can see the little red wagon with smoking supplies stacked on it.
smokers.jpg

The wsm will perform magnitudes better!
In fact i have a meco that i will be happy to give away. Please take it. Seriously. If anyone wants it, let me know.

There are several ways to move the wsm, and ways to make it mobile.

From adding a base to using a separate cart. Easiest to add wheels is to use angled pipe hangers. A separate cart may add a safety factor depending on topography...

You can do the second coal grate and there’s baskets too if you want to load a lot of fuel. Enjoy your new present! Clearly someone knows exactly what you wanted! Congrats!

Congrats on the new rig, Carl, and welcome! I'm certain that you will enjoy the much better temp control versus your old smoker, but remember, don't tell anyone how easy it is! Keep 'em thinking ya gotta tend that thing constantly! :)

Lots of ways to make your WSM moveable. Our host here (Chris A) just updated his YouTube video on adding a cart to the WSM......take a look at virtualweberbullet.com!

R

Welcome Carl! Lots of great people here who are very willing to share their knowledge. We like seeing pictures of cooked food so feel free to share pictures.

Thanks Everyone. Just bought the extra charcoal rack suggested.

I think I may go for for the Harbor Freight cart I saw here, as I need to move it across the yard and maybe snow. I don't think the triangle platform would perform well in that environment. But first I need to use the WSM and see how well it works.

Welcome, Carl! I see you're in northern IL...the Chicago area or someplace more to the west? (I myself am a Cherry Valley native.)

The wsm will perform magnitudes better!
In fact i have a meco that i will be happy to give away. Please take it. Seriously. If anyone wants it, let me know.

There are several ways to move the wsm, and ways to make it mobile.

From adding a base to using a separate cart. Easiest to add wheels is to use angled pipe hangers. A separate cart may add a safety factor depending on topography...
Last chance for anyone. Before I toss this meco whatever. Maybe spmeone gere knows how to get the best out of it. But I for one am done.

Back