How To Legally Move Foxes Out Of Your Yard?

I don't "mind" seeing coyote here, but I love seeing the foxes and would love to see more of them. I just love the little critters. Chipmunks OTOH I hate those little striped rats. I have had so much property damage due to them it's not funny. I trap the little bastards and because I really don't want to kill things I bring them about a half mile away to Espencheid Forest Preserve. And let them go. But, THAT is if I have the time and am feeling "generous". Other times well.....................let's say a little pellet gun is VERY quiet

I had a chipmunk and that was burrowing under the brick entry to my shed. I filled the holes with pea gravel and he just cleared them out again. The one time the pea gravel stopped him he just dug another entry. I finally bought a live trap. It worked. I drove him far away and let him go. Then I reset the trap and caught a squirrel who basically destroyed the trap.

It seems like every burrowing animal in nature wants to set up shop under my shed. Had a groundhog digging under there a few years ago. I tried everything I could think of but it wouldn't leave. It finally wandered into the neighbor's yard when his pit bull was out. Scratch one groundhog. I now have three feet of rebar pounded into the ground at four inch intervals all around the shed.

I had a chipmunk and that was burrowing under the brick entry to my shed. I filled the holes with pea gravel and he just cleared them out again. The one time the pea gravel stopped him he just dug another entry. I finally bought a live trap. It worked. I drove him far away and let him go. Then I reset the trap and caught a squirrel who basically destroyed the trap.

It seems like every burrowing animal in nature wants to set up shop under my shed. Had a groundhog digging under there a few years ago. I tried everything I could think of but it wouldn't leave. It finally wandered into the neighbor's yard when his pit bull was out. Scratch one groundhog. I now have three feet of rebar pounded into the ground at four inch intervals all around the shed.
chipmunks grow from weeds. no need to use a live trap. a 5 gallon bucket to 5 inches from the top with water and a handful of sunflower seeds with take him out go good until his brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, and aunties come visit.

chipmunks grow from weeds. no need to use a live trap.
Ah, the little buggers are kind of cute, even if they do dig under the pavers. I'd probably have a different attitude if I had a lot of them around causing a ton of damage. So far it's just been the one. Hopefully it stays that way.

We also have a couple hawks I can hear hanging out in my yard. Does my heart good to see pieces of bunny, chippy, tree rat and so on scattered around the yard :D

I've had a rabbit living in my garden this year. I have a clump of chives that started from one plant about four years ago and now threaten to take over the whole garden. The rabbit has found a hiding place among the chives. Fortunately, I didn't plant anything the rabbit seems interested in as far as food goes. It hasn't touched the tomatoes or the peppers or the other herbs. Wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't scare it out of its hiding place every time I mow.

And the squirrels aren't nearly as abundant since I discovered the Squirrel Buster bird feeders. Those things really work. I used to get a dozen or more squirrels coming to chow down on the bird seed. Now there are maybe three or four who take turns digging through the scraps that fall to the ground.

We get hawks occasionally, but not often enough to disrupt the normal flow of life for more than a few minutes.

Looking for a legal way to move 2 red foxes from my yard.
One lives under my shed, and the other in a shed next door.
They have eaten most of the rabbits and squirrels nearby. They like
to bury them for later in the lawn. They are too smart for the Havahart traps.
Can't shoot them in the suburbs. Any ideas?
A few months back a coyote came in my backyard and killed my beloved boy-kitty. I rewarded him some very tasty hamburger balls marinade in antifreeze.

Maybe rent someone's ill tempered pit bull? Vegas odds on pit bull vs fox are 50-1 ;)
Golden retriever vs fox is more even odds. My golden would wanna play with it.

I've had a rabbit living in my garden this year. I have a clump of chives that started from one plant about four years ago and now threaten to take over the whole garden. The rabbit has found a hiding place among the chives. Fortunately, I didn't plant anything the rabbit seems interested in as far as food goes. It hasn't touched the tomatoes or the peppers or the other herbs. Wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't scare it out of its hiding place every time I mow.

And the squirrels aren't nearly as abundant since I discovered the Squirrel Buster bird feeders. Those things really work. I used to get a dozen or more squirrels coming to chow down on the bird seed. Now there are maybe three or four who take turns digging through the scraps that fall to the ground.

We get hawks occasionally, but not often enough to disrupt the normal flow of life for more than a few minutes.
shazam!

chipmunks grow from weeds. no need to use a live trap. a 5 gallon bucket to 5 inches from the top with water and a handful of sunflower seeds with take him out go good until his brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, and aunties come visit.
Or get a cat mine loves to track them down play with them for awhile then bite their heads off the crazy thing is never ever seen the heads around the yard not sure whether the cat eats the head or not worst part usually leaves the remains in my garage in front of the inside door to the house again no head. Our theory is the cat leaves it there for a thank you for feeding it good food. :unsure:

Loves to kill moles and mice also good kitty.

A few months back a coyote came in my backyard and killed my beloved boy-kitty. I rewarded him some very tasty hamburger balls marinade in antifreeze.
Very sorry to hear of your loss; losing a pet cat or dog totally sucks but losing one that way is horrible.

Chuck, that is *SERIOUSLY* uncool. While I also deeply regret that you lost your cat, antifreeze poisoning is really low.
I won't argue with you, I've heard that from others. I've asked them if they have any problem buying rat poison for rats and none of the do. I will say this, the mailbox is no longer plastered with missing pets notes, so I consider my actions that of a community service more so than revenge

The red fox is laying in the sun watching the world go by right now. I will not use poison.
Might adopt a good sized Labrador Retriever soon though......

Back