How now, brown cow?

Geir Widar

TVWBB Wizard
It wont be mooing much, that's for sure. Partly because it is dead, of course, and partly because here is the tounge.

I will post more pictures after I have smoked it.

DSC_0699_zpsb34671b0.jpg

I put the beer can there to show the size of it. Four and a half pounds.

Skin removed, and wrapped ut, ready to be smoked over briquettes and a heavy dose of oak tree.

DSC_0700_zps9a37cb86.jpg

Last edited:
Last time I purchased a six of Tuborg, I returned it. The store owner took it back, and said he didn't blame me for doing it. ROFLOL

Can't wait to see the finished tounge! Bet it will be delicious! :D

Well, I like the Tuborg! I'll reserve judgment on that piece of cow.... :)

Tuborg on a warm summer eve at Nyhavn works for me! Tongue looks ... Interesting. Looking forward to seeing as a finished product Geir!

First of all- beer is made of water, barley, hops and yeast. It has been made here in Europe that way since 1516, and everything with other ingredients is "beer". "Beer" advertised as "The king of Beers" just proves that american brewers do not have access to a passport. ;)

Now, since that part of the debate is sorted out, let's move on to the tounge.

Here it is, placed in my cutter, ready for slicing. I smoked it for almost eight hours. Next time I will shorten period an raise the temp, since it lost half of its weight. I was quite afraid of that it would turn out dry.

DSC_0706_zps427b49f7.jpg

Since I intend to use this as lunchmeat, I sliced it very thin. The first thing I did when I got the slicer, was to sharpen it. The blade was not bad, but not sharp enough to make paper-thin slices. Not a problem anymore.
DSC_0704_zps36813e0d.jpg

The tounge sliced, and a close- up.
A tad salty because of the weight loss, but not dry at all. As usual, the thick part with the white marbling is the best. The tip of the touge is a bit rubbery as usual.

DSC_0709_zps636e857f.jpg

DSC_0707_zps16ad2286.jpg

Thank you for your nice comments, and your time.

First of all- beer is made of water, barley, hops and yeast. It has been made here in Europe that way since 1516, and everything with other ingredients is "beer". "Beer" advertised as "The king of Beers" just proves that american brewers do not have access to a passport. ;)

Nice Geir! I'm roaring with laughter!

And about that tongue--now that it's sliced, I like it. Just don't tell me it's tongue if I'm eating it! :D

HEAVEN ON EARTH with a little home made kraut...little quiet home made mayo and a gentle rye bread...........oye, oye....and some good friends about, and , you'll love this....and a pitcher of Hakabeck;'s non-alc on the table.( when you try it you will truly know it pays to take chances, because you will be safe to go out and split some apple wood for the smoker tomorrow.... Merry Christmas...!!!

Hey Geir,
Keep your oar in the water, and your tongue in your shoe. :p

Truly a fantastic job on the tongue!
I might even try a bite. ;)

Fantastic!!!

HOW in the WORLD! Can THIS ▼ NOT be tasty??!!

DSC_0709_zps636e857f.jpg

Geir, a Joyful Job, I'm sure, WELL DONE!!!

Back