How much would you pay for ....

Gerd H

TVWBB Super Fan
This is entirely a hypothetical question and comes with a lot of assumptions. But let's assume you were in the market for buying a New wsm for whatever reason.

How much of a premium would you pay to get it in one of the weber colors? Say red, blue or green for arguments sake.

I think I might pay a 25% premium just for a color choice.

Please note, this is not a question of what it cost to make them, how feasible it is on the aftermarket, or anything like that. Just a fundamental curiosity on what people would value in this option for a brand new wsm.

I happen to like black, I'm not a color guy, so even if a color where the same price, I'd still get black.
icon_smile.gif

Now a stainless version would be cool!
icon_cool.gif

Bob

I'm with Bob - black is my favorite color but even if it wasn't, a WSM just looks like more of a serious outdoor cooker in black. Plus after you use it a few times it starts to develop some cosmetic imperfections which blend a little better with the black than I think they would with other colors. I think even if the other colors were the same price, I'd go with black.

I'm partial to black as well for a smoker. However, I wouldn't be adverse to orange flames painted on it.
icon_smile.gif

Clark

I am with Lew. Don't really care how it looks like, and black hides a lot. As long as it tastes good, it could come out of a Semi manifold!

I think Weber could really find a market if it were to bring back the 1880 (mini WSM) in....(insert your favorite team's colors here) I would buy one in App State black and gold, or even better in Green Bay green and yellow!!! Just a thought.
Tim

I don't really care much about color either, but I'm used to my kettle and now WSM 22 being black, so I'd probably stay with that on the next one.

Tim

If I could get one in the older, brighter "weber red" I'd pay enough that I would have to lie to my wife on how much I spent........again.

Red heads are always HOT. Joking aside, some of the colors are very interesting and I would pay extra for them. Maybe not 25% but a little more . I have a brick red performer and love how it stands out for my other black weber products. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if you like them and can justify the cost then by all means add to our collection.

Mike

Personally, have no problem with Black.

Anything over 10% would be an issue for me.

Stainless Steel----definitely pay a premium

WSMs tend to get grunged-up. Because of this, I like the Basic Black color. Would not really pay any sort of premium.

Now for a Kettle or 26-inch Performer that would be a "working showpiece" on my Patio - there, I may go for as much as 25% more for the right color.

You also have to look on how different colors absorb sun-rays. A black one will absorb more than a lighter one. That should be an interesting topic as why my light one runs cooler than all you other folks.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

Back