How much does a side burner add to the price of a flip grill?

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
My latest flip has a side burner but it appears to be in bad shape. Its rusty and missing the piece that sits above the burner (black round piece). I'm thinking of just getting another side shelf and forgoing the side burner. With that being said does anyone have another side shelf like the one in the picture?

Bobby

Attachments

• 20200510_205510.jpg
    20200510_205510.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 8
When I was flipping grills I found that most people did not want a side burner and would rather have the shelf space. I think you will have more buyers interested in the grill with the shelf instead of the burner.

I was even asked if if I would reduce the price if selling without. No people In my area don’t want them. Same for rotisseries or warming racks. Cover yes. But other options no.
My clients for these old style Genesis have mostly been gentlemen in their 50s to 70s who just want a basic lasting grill Which they remember from back then. They have no intention of fancy outdoor cooking. Burgers and steaks. That’s it.

Stefan, I have to agree. But I find my rotisserie to be a huge plus on my grill. I never used one until a few years ago when I rehabbed my current Genesis 1000. It opens up a lot of cooking options on a grill. But, like you said, most people are just looking for a grill to throw a few burgers or steaks on and have dinner ready in 15 minutes.

Stefan, I have to agree. But I find my rotisserie to be a huge plus on my grill. I never used one until a few years ago when I rehabbed my current Genesis 1000. It opens up a lot of cooking options on a grill. But, like you said, most people are just looking for a grill to throw a few burgers or steaks on and have dinner ready in 15 minutes.

They really should just buy a Q300/3200. :unsure:

Back