How does one remove the old black paint on the firebox and endcaps

I started out with Ridgid and switched to Milwaukee (to heavy and expensive) so I went to Dewalt because of the small form factor. I bought the 20v Dewalt and the 12v Dewalt. Now only the 20v Dewalt remains. I considering switching to Makita 12v black one again because of the compactness.

All of my stuff is Ryobi 18v one plus at this point. I started with a drill I bought at least ten years ago at this point and still use all the time. Their tools aren't the best, but they are solid performers for the price and they have a huge variety of offerings.
Same here. When I had to pick a brand - I really wanted to go with Makita since thats what my last one that lasted 30 years was..... But I was worried about how they (and others) kept changing battery configs and how far into the future replacement batteries would be available for. Ryobi has kept the same battery style/design now for what - well over 30 years? With backward compatibility on chemistries. THAT and a huge offering of tools that don't break the bank is what sold me on them. I don't demand that much from my tools when I use them, but I want them to at least last for a long time. My DeWalt 12V from the early 2000s batteries died very quickly and it was no more powerful than my 9.6V Makita..... that turned me off to the over priced brands.

Steve,
Is brass what you use to get them done. I saw this pic of your Black Platinum restore. Did you use brass on it or did you simply accomplish this using a power washer. By the way I have a 2100psi Ryobi power washer if that is all you used.

20210802_163036.jpg

Steve,
Is brass what you use to get them done. I saw this pic of your Black Platinum restore. Did you use brass on it or did you simply accomplish this using a power washer. By the way I have a 2100psi Ryobi power washer if that is all you used.

View attachment 97090
That was the result of a 2800 psi power washer alone. I don't remember exactly how I finished it though. I always power wash first, but I don't always get the results you see above. Sometimes that paint just doesn't want to come off.

@Josh Dekubber
Do you have link to the wire wheels you are using. I think I have one it looks more abrasive the one you pictured with your impact driver.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Norton-0-i...eel-Assorted-6-Pack-Electric-Drill/1000213189

Here's one from Lowe's and one from Home Depot

I can't tell from the photo, so IDK if that tool is brushless or not. If it's brushed something to be aware of. The fan on the tool will be pulling in metal dust from that type of work. Can wreak havoc on the brushes and commutator. A disassembly and cleaning would be in good order to perform.
Any issues with brushless impact drivers?

Back