How Do YOU....

Rub down with Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's SS. I use 3-1 mixture, 3 being Montreal. Hot sear, both sides and finish off indirect to about IT 130. Nothing special.

I marinate for several hours (or over night) in a mixture equal parts Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, and red wine with minced garlic and black pepper (or just add some Montreal Steak Seasoning). Grill direct over a hot fire to medium rare (turn for crosshatching) and serve smothered in Mushroom Sauce (sliced fresh mushrooms sautéed in butter with garlic and green onion, mixed with 1/2 cup of the marinade and simmered to reduce to a sauce-like consistency). We love the flavor of sirloin...

Regards,

John

a steak question, yall know I gotta weigh in on this one...

and yall know this is coming... sea salt and black pepper only.

you can also try Lawrys, then top the steak with a pat of butter when you pull it off the pit to rest under foil (I saw a famous steakhouse do this on tv), this turns out real real nice.

if you want a sear crust on a leaner steak (sirloin, tenderloin, or usda select cuts) rub it with olive oil before hitting it w the s&p... but if the cut is usda prime or high choice the olive oil distracts from the wonderful natural flavor of good beef.

you can do a Tuscan style... which is just olive oil, sea salt, and a sprig of fresh rosemary kinda roughed-up a bit so it releases its oils, all in a Ziploc for a few hours. simple and elegant if you are wanting to impress.

if you wanna use rubs on steaks try Emerils Steak Rub it is nice, as well as Weber Steak & Chop.

don't lift the lid....

Soy sauce, some ginger, brown mustard, little hot sauce, and some garlic. Marinate 3 or 4 hours. Pour on excess marinade as you turn.

...Grill Your Sirloin Steak?
seasoning? just salt & pepper?
marinade?
any special treatment?
or secret methods (you can not disclose)?
This is JUST sirloin... not rib eyes or T-bones or anything else... Just Sirloin Steak.

Whaddya got? :D

I have carefully avoided reading the responses so that my reply is unaffected by others.

I assume you mean top sirloin, a steak that I use often and I am very familiar with.

First off, where I buy top sirloin (Costco) the steaks are pretty thick. They tend to plump up into a round shape if cooked as cut. So I trim & filet each steak into 2 slim steaks.

I use the coarsest salt I have (Sea salt or himilayan) & pepper & montreal mix and a thin coating of vegetable oil. I never marinade good steak. I like to taste the beef. Sear it over high heat and let it coast to medium rare in a separate, low grill or indirect in the same grill. I serve with no steak sauces, but I will serve with a pat of compound butter and/or grilled onions.

I am a fan of serving this with a foil pouch cooked mix of diced taters and onion strips.

Italian dressing is the best multi-purpose marinade I've found. The vinegar helps break down the meat fibers for tenderness very well without overpowering the beef taste. For sirloin steaks would marinade for 2-3 hours in refrig then rinse and pat dry. Then it's kosher salt and ground pepper and cooked to no more than medium,,,medium rare is better.

I made the mistake of going to Meat shop near my house, now twice a month i buy Prime Ribeye's or Prime New York Strip's,
whatever looks better.

Room temp, Kosher salt and course black pepper, ....Charcoal.

Just tried one of there Tri-Tips last weekend it was the tastiest ever.

Note to forum members...DON'T GO TO A GOOD BUTCHER SHOP, unless you want to have catastrophic wallet changes in your future.

Image_zps69889fba.jpg

Last edited:
Tony's Chaschere's then on the grill 4 minutes per side then finger test it for doneness. maybe a minute per side more if under.
Then while it rests I put another sprinkle of Tonys on the top side. The extra dash gives it a nice kick. But a little too hot for the kiddos.

Back