How About That New Hot Dog Eating Record?

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The guy ate 72 hot dogs with the bun in 10 minutes? Crazy, and does not sound like any fun to me, but what do I know?

Last edited:
He got paid 10K in 10 minutes for eating 72 hotdogs, he probably won't see his retirement years though.

Joey “Jaws” Chestnut ate 72 HDBs to win the 2017 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, defeating Carmen Cincotti (60 HDBs) and Matt Stonie (48 HDBs). This is Chestnut’s second consecutive win. He has won the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating contest 10 times overall.

According to Shea, both Cincotti and Stonie had the potential to defeat Chestnut this year, though he said Chestnut was “likely to win.”

In 2016, Chestnut ate 70 HDBs to reclaim the Nathan’s title from Stonie. According to the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs website, he holds a total of 43 eating records, including the world’s hot dogs eating record: 73.5 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.

Joey Chestnut’s net worth is $800,000, according to Celebrity Net Worth.

How can anyone wolf-down 72 franks - including the buns, too, without rupturing their esophagus?

I remember years ago when someone in an egg eating contest had a stroke afterwards due to an abrupt rise in cholesterol.

I have a feeling that he pukes it all out within the hour. Was a show that he explained how he preps for it. Stomach is not the issue much. It's the stomach muscles that have to be stretched. Otherwise, yea, makes me wanna puke thinking of it.

I have a feeling that he pukes it all out within the hour. Was a show that he explained how he preps for it. Stomach is not the issue much. It's the stomach muscles that have to be stretched. Otherwise, yea, makes me wanna puke thinking of it.

Considering it was Nathan's franks, I concur. Well, they're really not that bad, but I don't like the spice combination - with the possible exception of their natural casing franks.

72 franks? Let's see...that is 9 pounds of meat (considering that 8 franks equals a pound), and 9 packs of buns. That's enough of meat & bread to feed 36 people at two dogs a person.

Back